whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TaoTreeClimber

TaoTreeClimber

ArboristSite Operative
I had a thought out of the clear blue sky. (yes it happens sometimes) Has any one come up with an effective sighting system for a BigShot? And no, duct taping a green laser to the pole is not where Im going with this.

KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
Wow,,what a great week!
Hope next week is too,,flu going around,
I probably started trouble with a guy on FB,
Yeah, spikes don't do no harm,,,,,,dope
If it gets interesting I will link it.
Jeff :barbecue:
Link it anyways....its been slow in here and we need entertainment, maybe we could all jump on him like a pack of wolves :p

Toddppm

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah, here I sit waiting for this amazing storm that's supposed to develop by hooking back around from the Atlantic and hit us like Mike Tysono_O Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm all for it.

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
It has been pretty dead here lately. That is ok, you guys are busy,,,,
So I have a little time to say, 'it was a beautiful day',:)
We might get some early morning drizzle that will freak out 99% of driver's here,,:eek:
So I had a turbo go out on an F-650, (which I hate!!), and fixed in 3 hours,
:crazy2:
My oldest daughter (20 years old), has moved back home with us,
Anyway, I could use a 207hp, C7 Cat diesel motor with no EGR ,,,
Jeff :)

DR. P. Proteus

DR. P. Proteus

Addicted to ArboristSite
It has been pretty dead here lately. That is ok, you guys are busy,,,,
So I have a little time to say, 'it was a beautiful day',:)
We might get some early morning drizzle that will freak out 99% of driver's here,,:eek:
So I had a turbo go out on an F-650, (which I hate!!), and fixed in 3 hours,
:crazy2:
My oldest daughter (20 years old), has moved back home with us,
Anyway, I could use a 207hp, C7 Cat diesel motor with no EGR ,,,
Jeff :)

Everybody wants you over at The Tards but I know you can't be seen hanging out there although its barrel of monkeys.

treebilly

treebilly

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Took the boys out to the job I finished so they could grind stumps. Dropped a truck off at the dealership so they could fix the blower fan again. Replaced bearings on a salter. New cutting edge on a plow. And then the boss took me to look at a removal so I had time to think of a way to do it. About a 8 X 8 drop zone for a tree that's 6' in diameter and 120' ( my best guesstimate). Might speed line most of it, but I'm on the hunt for a big crane. I really enjoy the complexities of these kind of removals but it's set up perfect for easy pickens with a crane

mike515

mike515

ArboristSite Operative
Teaching the newb how to run a saw today. Boy...was I on my toes! Close enough to get his attention when I had to but staying far enough away to avoid a chain saw massacre! He only cut for about 20 minutes after lunch but he wore his brand new chaps all afternoon. Finally, at the end of the day, I asked him "So...you gonna wear those things home or what?" :)

TaoTreeClimber

TaoTreeClimber

ArboristSite Operative
Took the boys out to the job I finished so they could grind stumps. Dropped a truck off at the dealership so they could fix the blower fan again. Replaced bearings on a salter. New cutting edge on a plow. And then the boss took me to look a removal so I had time to think of a way to do it. About a 8 X 8 drop zone for a tree that's 6' in diameter and 120' ( my best guesstimate). Might speed line most of it, but I'm on the hunt for a big crane. I really enjoy the complexities of these kind of removals but it's set up perfect for easy pickens with a crane

Crane it!!!!! I have one more 100 ft cottonwood to get out of a trailer park tomorrow. So far I have gotten 7 out. I speed lined most every thing, which is fun, But.... after about number 4 or 5 I was wishin I had a crane.

treebilly

treebilly

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Vertical speedlines have their place in tightly confined DZ's IME.

jomoco

I know. Not for this situation. Area between tree and nontouchables is from one foot to six feet at the furthest point, on a steep hill. Only open side is a cross slope of about 45 degrees. Just a messed up situation. Not that I know every trick out there but to my knowledge a crane is the only safe way to remove the bottom twenty feet. I'll stop by there again and get some pics.