whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at a bunch more work today I have no way to get to with this ******* snow on the ground. I have about a week and a half lined up and I'm just waiting for the melt.

There is no reason why snow should make a difference in what you do. Can we please stop this whole debate about working in the snow? Who gives a ****? Just do what you're supposed to do. Snow and/or cold weather is nothing. We still have to eat.

There is no reason why snow should make a difference in what you do... Snow and/or cold weather is nothing. We still have to eat.

I agree, Mike.
This cottage roof only took me 5 hours to shovel last winter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 29
There is no reason why snow should make a difference in what you do. Can we please stop this whole debate about working in the snow? Who gives a ****? Just do what you're supposed to do. Snow and/or cold weather is nothing. We still have to eat.

Let's see... A job that was bid for a day and a half that would get stretched out to three days with the snow on the ground would be doable by your standards? Or the job where I have to straddle the sidewalk with my chip truck but there's three feet of snow pushed up on it. Or the increased risk of a slip and fall and subsequent w/c claim. The only dumb asses who are out working in this are the guys who didn't save enough for the winter and need to pay their bills.

I'll be damned if I have to work for $30 per man hour on a job that was bid for $65 because there's two feet of snow on the ground.

Ok...I'll back away from that statement. I said it while visualizing climbing a tree with a couple of inches of snow on it. And I was in kind of a bad mood last night. My bad. :)

And I'm not out there because of poor budgeting or anything. I'm contracted to be there and I get paid the same as long as I'm there....snow or not.

Had to do some extra removals on a lot clearing this morning. Contractor moved the house twenty feet to save one tree the property owner likes so we took out 15 more instead. Was kinda fun using an excavator to rip them out and carry them to the chipper. Going to a big beech removal tomorrow. Trimmed it two years ago, stone dead now. I think it might have something to do with the new septic, reception hall, and sidewalks all put with in 15 feet of it.:dumb2:

Took out the dead beech today. It went relly well. Even surprised myself on how fast we did it. All the guys were working perfect together. It's a good thing too, as we're gonna have a fresh 2"-4" by midnight. Gotta be in at 1 am to plow. Yippie.:(

Well we got the head put back on the bucket truck and got her running today. Huge amount of stress has been lifted. I learned a hell of a lot about how them engines work. As much as I enjoyed learning and working on it I hope I never have to do it again. Damn was I a nervous wreck when it came time to turn the key.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with enough time to be a mechanic. Dingo serviced new belts on the 252, rotated the teeth, oil change for the splitter, couple of new hydraulic lines on the grapple, that thing probably has 100. And discovered a huge bird nest in the boom of my altec. Now I'm working on the backup motor for it altec wants 800 for the electric motor

Back