whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had mine shut down and the only movement u could do was open the grapple. I need to call him about the paint on the chip box anyway so I will ask him about that.
You can overide it there is a switch on the center turret you have to turn in. It measures hydralic pressure. Mine will jib in and go down just won't extend or go up.

Your gonna wanna know where it is because if it ever fails or goes bad you won't be able to move the boom at all without disabling it.

Some fun from Monday. It took 8 hours for us to get the Black oak completely down....which was nice cause I bid 12. Video starts slow with srt ascend. Then zipping large limbs and wood. I almost take out the mini though.

A little wild and free there! Almost took out the mini a few times, why not use a tag line?

A little wild and free there! Almost took out the mini a few times, why not use a tag line?
A few reasons, one we had the room to have a little fun. Two, we work a 2 man crew so adding a tag line would have added a lot of time. 3 I didn't want to climb up an down the steep bank on every piece to lower.

There were only 2 pieces that hit the mini, and one just slid into the grapple plate. Both were early in the zip lining while I was still getting the feel of when to slacken the line up.

Honestly I would do it again in the 4ight circumstance. But yes it would probably be something that would piss me if the employees (if I had a crew, that I fidnt work on) did on their own....especially if there was damage.

Amateurs.
If your calling me a amateur, your wrong....I am far from that. I carry more gear, and use it, then most companies I've seen. I deal with large trees in super tight areas all the time, for the last 14 years with no major accidents....not something a amateur would do. They don't do trees like this http://www.arboristsite.com/community/index.php?threads/273603/

But you have the right to your opinion.

Did I take some risks on this zip line job? Yes, but it was a calculated one that worked.

Took my new rig out for it's first run. GMC 4500 and a Bandit 250xp. Made it halfway down the drive to the building and since the owners had decided not to salt or plow there was about a 3 inch sheet of ice and a 10 degree grade to the right I slid off and had to be winched out. Guess I'll try again tomorrow. Bahahahaha

I thought you had a Vermeer?

If your calling me a amateur, your wrong....I am far from that. I carry more gear, and use it, then most companies I've seen. I deal with large trees in super tight areas all the time, for the last 14 years with no major accidents....not something a amateur would do. They don't do trees like this http://www.arboristsite.com/community/index.php?threads/273603/

But you have the right to your opinion.

Did I take some risks on this zip line job? Yes, but it was a calculated one that worked.

No big deal.

Today's project : top feed wheel motor went out. And also broke the pin off from the coupler to the shaft and reamed out the hole. In short i need a feed wheel and the motor for it. :) yyyaaaayyyy!
80be8a7e90aff976d89486a2605348b9.jpg
b344399992a21e05267f0ac9f0bb1e52.jpg
c79f8a88ab4f2bb9d7f996e7594e381f.jpg
32cd0608976219e5dfe08f04fdd678b1.jpg

My 250 is getting a little long in the tooth. It still runs good but a at the same time it could use an upgrade. That's how everything is. We'll see what happens. Always something else to do.

It's just too cold out there man! Steel gets brittle... when we were doing crane removals when it was below zero I was thinking about brittle metal. Does the manufacturer account for that in there rating? How much is a boom effected by sub zero temps?

My hand ascender gives me a little fright but they go to Everest. I dunno. Yer still here, I'm still here, go figure.

Latest posts

Back