whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tree care ? Around here they wait until it is stone dead. Anyway Went and looked a a job today, guy just bought this house and is getting the inside redone and all and wants to get some trees removed. I show up and see a 75 ft stone dead pine, a maple with the top broken out near the house and broken up pine tree, i see $$. So i talk to this guy and he does not care about the tree problems in the front yard, he wants the large pine trees in the backyard gone. Problem in he thinks he should get a GREAT deal on removal because they are worth $, as to him they are Great ( saw logs).i told him his trees were not worth 10 cents to me. That one did not end well. I did get a call this afternoon from someone i have never met before who wanted to Borrow my chipper, I told him to go F*** himself.

Yesterday I got to do a crane job with the new 33T national that is running around in my town. It's a post and beam company but they do tree work too. Huge difference between a 23T and a 33T. Same price too. I'll put some pics tonight

Replaced broken leaf spring on my F-250. All went well till the last bolt. Would not line up, was off by about a 1/8 of a inch. Took 2 hours to get it lined up. Truck rides much better now!

Tree care? Tree Care!? TREE CARE!!!???

Don't get me started but... wait! Oh yeah, I am not getting started.

Anyway, I finished up that clearing job last Sunday by climbing and hammering an elm and a walnut to death and did a good job of destroying the lawn to boot. All the evidence is pretty much gone but I will post the pics I suppose, you know, to keep up appearances.

I did get that maple from last spring down finally and I guess I will send a bill eventually. I also finished another job lingering since last year, we just crashed that little Zelky in the street and glared at the passersby and they, well, passed by. I ground the stumps today then drove back up to the clearing job where I abandoned my chipper and gave the people my old Grumman. I have a plan to beat out my competition by giving a free canoe with every job over a million dollars.

I am just waiting to see what this year brings. After two pathetically consistent years in a row, I think things are due for an upswing. It's either that of I give up on this stupidity. I'm not saying I'll quit doing trees and sell everything (although an island drinking binge does sound kinda tempting), as its my only income (and most everything is paid for), but I doubt I'll ever put another dime towards new equipment. I'll just run this stuff into the ground. Too bad, if the market didn't suck so bad here it'd be a nice gig. I do love the work. I just think the payout for my efforts blows.

I wonder why the wraptor isn't in the sherrill catalog this year? I'm just not seeing the "backbone" as the next latest and greatest arborist tool. Apparently Toby likes it though.:laugh:

I am just waiting to see what this year brings. After two pathetically consistent years in a row, I think things are due for an upswing. It's either that of I give up on this stupidity. I'm not saying I'll quit doing trees and sell everything (although an island drinking binge does sound kinda tempting), as its my only income (and most everything is paid for), but I doubt I'll ever put another dime towards new equipment. I'll just run this stuff into the ground. Too bad, if the market didn't suck so bad here it'd be a nice gig. I do love the work. I just think the payout for my efforts blows.

Its gay night at the Black Horse, first four faggots get a free tossed salad, you like salad. And afterwards we can pack our Speedos and hop a frigate to the Bahamas were drinking and driving is still legal.

I got a call from this horse farmer last winter, I guess she got my number from somebody, she wanted someone to clean the stalls. I was thinking I would take the mini up there and it would be easy but when I saw it I about puked. Man, about 20 stalls 4 feet high with ****, the place was wrecked to Hell, held up with string and old boards and in one stall there was a dead horse all bloated and sweaty. Well she has been calling me everyday now. I hate horse farmers, even the rich ones are ****ed up cheap bastard kitties.

Well, looks like a 45 minute ride each way to look at a job will keep me out of trouble for a while today anyhow. At least its an existing customer. Guy claims the neighbor has a couple trees too. Sounds mildly promising.

I love spring. I love what the ladies wear in the spring. I love doing estimates for the ladies who wear extra skimpy outfits cause it's one of the first warm weekends of the year. Did I mention I love spring. Not sure if I offer a skimpy outfit discount or not I need to check my math.

Beautiful!,,
We got off early today, the guys worked 5 hours and got paid for 8 overtime.
I hate overtime because I am salary, but I love a happy crew.
On a low note, one of our chip trucks became a "Run away",,at least that is what our mechanic calls it.
It is a Ford F-650 with a Cummins,, I pulled up on the job and was behind that truck and chipper as it was moving up to the next chip pile.
What is a run away?
So as I pull up to the job and saw the driver moving up so I put on my flashers and stayed behind until they set up,
So they are set up and I pull ahead and pull over and back up some to get closer,,,all of a sudden, I see massive white smoke coming out of the F-650 exhaust and told the driver to shut it off. He jumped of the cab with keys in his hand, the truck rpm's was climbing so fast and we could not shut it down in time before it blew the radiator hoses and shot the turbo,,, so I waiting to hear about how that happened,
all he said was it was a run away,,
Jeff

Beautiful!,,
On a low note, one of our chip trucks became a "Run away",,at least that is what our mechanic calls it.
It is a Ford F-650 with a Cummins,, I pulled up on the job and was behind that truck and chipper as it was moving up to the next chip pile.
What is a run away?
So as I pull up to the job and saw the driver moving up so I put on my flashers and stayed behind until they set up,
So they are set up and I pull ahead and pull over and back up some to get closer,,,all of a sudden, I see massive white smoke coming out of the F-650 exhaust and told the driver to shut it off. He jumped of the cab with keys in his hand, the truck rpm's was climbing so fast and we could not shut it down in time before it blew the radiator hoses and shot the turbo,,, so I waiting to hear about how that happened,
Jeff
I saw it happen on TV once heard stories it's a pretty intense thing. Somehow oil or fuel was getting dumped/sucked into it. Was the truck auto or manual?

Beautiful!,,
What is a run away?
Jeff
I thought you were gonna say the driver bailed with the truck in gear and it kept rolling and ended up in the living room of a $2 million house.

Latest posts

Back