whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some lady calls this morning and ask "Does it cost more to hire a tree company that has accident insurance on their employees versus one that doesn't?" I told her generally speaking it would probably cost more. Her next question..."Do you folks have accident insurance on your employees?" When I told her we do she says "Well, I was afraid of that" and hangs up.

Some lady calls this morning and ask "Does it cost more to hire a tree company that has accident insurance on their employees versus one that doesn't?" I told her generally speaking it would probably cost more. Her next question..."Do you folks have accident insurance on your employees?" When I told her we do she says "Well, I was afraid of that" and hangs up.
Cheap ass idiots! I had one yesterday that couldn't understand why a large tree leaning dead center over a pool is harder to do and cost more! The top was totally over the center of the pool.

So I was up at the horse farm talking to the owner while the girls bounced up and down upon theirs saddles with their pants stretched so tight I could see through to their flowered underpants with their boobs flouncing hither and fro and I was agreeing to all sorts of stuff like cleaning the stalls and moving sand and clearing fence lines and God knows what and if I tell you I was in a state of shock for days and probably still am I surely don't know. What did I Do! ****!

Lets see, trying to get a orchard back into production located in southern California. Chip the trees and start growing cactus for the new landscapes coming down the road.

Most likely that is what will happen.

Damn near the entire northern part of the orchard has crown gall bacteria in the soil which can live for more than 4 years and can also be spread by the little critters underground. I told them to 'nuke it from orbit' (sterilize the soil) because it also has Bermuda grass, and that wasn't very well received.

As for chipping the trees, I think I'm just gonna burn them given the fact that there was fire blight on some of the trees in that area. I'm a total newb and as such I heavily lean on caution.

Here are just a few pics. As time goes on it and I learn more arboriculture becomes less of a 'get it back into production' and more of a crime scene, but this is an excellent case study of what NOT to do in an orchard; which you bet I'm taking notes.

I would love to meet the people who planted the orchard about 5+ years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 28
So I was up at the horse farm talking to the owner while the girls bounced up and down upon theirs saddles with their pants stretched so tight I could see through to their flowered underpants with their boobs flouncing hither and fro and I was agreeing to all sorts of stuff like cleaning the stalls and moving sand and clearing fence lines and God knows what and if I tell you I was in a state of shock for days and probably still am I surely don't know. What did I Do! ****!

It's hard out there for us Dr., what with all the fights against ourselves.

Most likely that is what will happen.

Damn near the entire northern part of the orchard has crown gall bacteria in the soil which can live for more than 4 years and can also be spread by the little critters underground. I told them to 'nuke it from orbit' (sterilize the soil) because it also has Bermuda grass, and that wasn't very well received.

As for chipping the trees, I think I'm just gonna burn them given the fact that there was fire blight on some of the trees in that area. I'm a total newb and as such I heavily lean on caution.

Here are just a few pics. As time goes on it and I learn more arboriculture becomes less of a 'get it back into production' and more of a crime scene, but this is an excellent case study of what NOT to do in an orchard; which you bet I'm taking notes.

I would love to meet the people who planted the orchard about 5+ years ago.

What part of San Diego you in, curious because of your plan to burn.
Jeff

9:45
bc88e0e4342f5d6050d7d926d3ea8614.jpg

11:30
b0ee8cd1e0161cbec9291ff02c6716f2.jpg
e89c57731d95ce860c85f969d92d8f91.jpg

Still got to come back for stump though.
Whole lot of roots too. I'll probably be grinding for longer than it took to do the tree!
b8fb99446ed6098ccccabddbbb315f33.jpg
a328597d6c56097b57f13503cecde11d.jpg

Latest posts

Back