whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it wasn't bad. After the second guy in the picture put the two slings on and got down, the crane op moved the ball a bit. The climber cut it loose and away from him it went to the right. It was a tiny bit butt heavy but not bad.
Is that the new crane you were looking for?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

901a7bcf334f3573dc735d9ad2b5c44b.jpg
0bffa9f290a70cf681b2b73481ce7535.jpg
6191232a408cd89245112c1bdcb4d3f6.jpg
935c12432535befdec4d6e2f3185a9d6.jpg

Been busy as **** this week. Couple of storm jobs, stretching the legs on the gehl, getting work done. ****ing chipper jack.

Removed ten medium-large dead pines in 90 F with 95% humidity. We looked like coal miners until the skies opened up as we were loading the skid steer. Rain saved me from another twelve hr day so I took my youngest to get ice cream. It turned out to be a beautiful day

Something like 10 or 11 years of cleaning up jobs like this, and my tractor is finally in ICU. Not a bad run.. just a couple leaks and some tweaking with the linkage on the pedals. Kinds scary looking though. No big deal really. I think I'll run it for a few more payment free years after this, then maybe do something different, or get a new one.

IMG_20150612_112951_825.jpg IMG_20150527_151011_155.jpg

Is that the new crane you were looking for?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I wish. That's a nice 40 ton Terex. It's a rental crane. Maybe I'll be able to afford one at some point. I'm going to keep pushing that direction.

I may be selling my little BC625a today. Got a guy coming to look at it. I'm glad I had it but I won't miss struggling with feeding to large brush into that thing. It's past time for it to leave.

Had a lady call Friday for a quote on a removal. Big half dead cottonwood. I told her $3,100 but it would be a month before we can get to it and she informs me that won't work because it is in the contract for that tree to be removed before her closing of the sale of that house on Monday, June 22. I told her if she went with us I could make it happen one way or another but I'll have to change our schedule and in order for me to be willing to do that I need a signed contract with a nonrefundable $500 deposit. Well, I got that but here she text Sunday morning wanting her deposit back saying she found somebody "cheaper and faster." I am so sick of customers like that.

I have to say, I'm liking this year so far. Did a little driving around in my Tacoma this am, picked up two jobs, first was a new customer,, $575, second was an older customer (about ten years), $6600 in takedowns (10 beech trees). Nice Sunday morning. Wish there was some better help out there, but **** it, whip on.. I mean whisper..

I have to say, I'm liking this year so far. Did a little driving around in my Tacoma this am, picked up two jobs, first was a new customer,, $575, second was an older customer (about ten years), $6600 in takedowns (10 beech trees). Nice Sunday morning. Wish there was some better help out there, but **** it, whip on.. I mean whisper..

Si
Jeff

Had a lady call Friday for a quote on a removal. Big half dead cottonwood. I told her $3,100 but it would be a month before we can get to it and she informs me that won't work because it is in the contract for that tree to be removed before her closing of the sale of that house on Monday, June 22. I told her if she went with us I could make it happen one way or another but I'll have to change our schedule and in order for me to be willing to do that I need a signed contract with a nonrefundable $500 deposit. Well, I got that but here she text Sunday morning wanting her deposit back saying she found somebody "cheaper and faster." I am so sick of customers like that.

Tell her that's what the deposit was for. You moved stuff around and made calls. The deposit is gone. She ****ed herself in the wallet.

Tell her that's what the deposit was for. You moved stuff around and made calls. The deposit is gone. She ****ed herself in the wallet.

I told her if she was going with somebody else we are not refunding her deposit. She said she would let me know by Monday morning. I told her that was a bunch of nonsense...she signed a contract to have us do the work and that should have been it...you either want us to do the job or not. She said she guessed not then. I told her she cost herself the deposit, and really, she cost us more than the deposit. I should have got the whole thing up front to have messed up our schedule like I did.

I told her if she was going with somebody else we are not refunding her deposit. She said she would let me know by Monday morning. I told her that was a bunch of nonsense...she signed a contract to have us do the work and that should have been it...you either want us to do the job or not. She said she guessed not then. I told her she cost herself the deposit, and really, she cost us more than the deposit. I should have got the whole thing up front to have messed up our schedule like I did.
Stinks when get jacked around. I have shown up to see my work was done and was told that the company did so without approval. I told them they should not pay for unapproved service and I would feel like they were storytelling me if I had not had it occur with 3 separate customers. It seems a service was bidding then doing work before being contracted, been a while now ;so maybe someone finally turned them in.

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where jerry makes a hotel reservation and they don't save him a room. The point of a deposit is to assure the work will get done by the contractor.

Latest posts

Back