whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a guy call for a quote yesterday that has owed us $318.75 for so long I guess he forgot it. I went over there myself to quote and when he told me he was going to use another tree service after he got our price I said that would be OK but pay us the $318.75 you owe us. He paid. I think he sensed I was about to get stupid.

A guy owes me $1300 from a year ago. I caught up with him about a month ago and basically, he just said he's not going to pay. No excuses about being broke or hard times, just decided not to pay me.
And back when I did the job, last year, he called to say how great it looks and the check was in the mail.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

A guy owes me $1300 from a year ago. I caught up with him about a month ago and basically, he just said he's not going to pay. No excuses about being broke or hard times, just decided not to pay me.
And back when I did the job, last year, he called to say how great it looks and the check was in the mail.

Wtf. That's wrong on so many levels. It's an all about me society.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The $318.75 guy had worn me down with excuses and lies until I finally just put it way on the back burner and then you know how time gets away. I can't believe he called us back for something. But...he paid up.

Put a lien on his house. I dread the day when I run into somebody like that guy.

We rigged this top out into a tight hole just in front of a house today.

I realize you're probably talking about guys like me too. I fully understand. Every year I get more sick of it all. It's just life for us at this point though. What else are we gonna do? What was it you were looking into a while back there, installing satellite dishes, or something? Lol. Yeah, right.
PHC. Easier on the body, nicer on the pocket.:)
What's with the blue whale? He's been on that front lawn on South St. for over a week.

43f2287912e7f9537938929285ccabc0.jpg
201f14be1d04650a698ca3519e3bd889.jpg
9e5a0761d12d41838ab16bd1f651cd3c.jpg
457f606fe44abdc10b509998e243ce5f.jpg
ff7e1ba17f3c554982835fd3f68921c1.jpg
a35cf8d030f4eab1d3349c804791f7e9.jpg

You set yourself up for that one,,,sorry,
Jeff

How so? You usually do the work. Wait for the check. His just never came in the mail. Called. No answer. Leave messages. No response. And it was a rental house so didn't have his actual address. AND he paid me a month prior for other work.

PHC. Easier on the body, nicer on the pocket.:)
What's with the blue whale? He's been on that front lawn on South St. for over a week.

Yeah, looks like he's got himself beached up pretty good there. Must have gotten the check up front? I haven't been by since Friday, I'll have to take a ride by today and check on progress (lol). I saw they had her all topped out last time:barbecue: I went by.:laugh:

Edit: don't know where the hamburger guy came from, but whatever. Kinda fits.

How so? You usually do the work. Wait for the check. His just never came in the mail. Called. No answer. Leave messages. No response. And it was a rental house so didn't have his actual address. AND he paid me a month prior for other work.

I get addresses from the tax assessor database online. Every town around here has one. You type in the address and it will tell you the name of the person(s) that own and pay the taxes on it. It will tell you other useless stuff too. But the address can't be a po box I believe. Just like registrations there needs to be a physical address listed to where the bills are sent. It's gotten me paid 3x already in the past two years from scumbags who would have just buffaloed me. People get hesitant to burn you when you let them know that you know where they live.

I worked but kept getting interpreted by one coworker who ran out of gas, one who couldn't keep off the phone and would disappear from time to time.... I got jack squat done today..

Latest posts

Back