whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I fell out of tree and my wife saw it she would quietly walk away , collect the insurance money and marry someone who didn't stink.

I got done ripping out the black moldy caulk from within my shower floor about an hour so I made a jug of martinis and came down to start a fire and let the bleach evaporate from my sinuses. I was just sitting there minding my own business when there was rapping upon my front door. Hoping I would finally get to shoot someone, I went out the back door and snuck up on him. After his initial shock and against my religious beliefs I let him speak. He said something about seal coating my driveway while I surveyed his conveyance which turned out to be a jive ass non-descript white Ford F150, white in color and probably bought at auction, 2 wheel drive of course. Emblazoned upon this sad and pathetic vehicle were all sorts of words, most of which I could barely scrutinize. I did see one banner that stated " Complete Tree Work". So I did what any normal man would do, I squinted at him through my vodka and bleach polluted eyes and as my head lolled to and fro said, " I think you better leave right now " and he did.

Much to drink you had, hitting the sauce hard you are.................
Like your style I do.............

After years of working as an analytical chemist with a big pharmaceutical company, my wife is going to start working with me doing the tree work and landscaping/hardscaping. She's a tough old bird, and I like having her on the jobs... she's not afraid of work, and we don't argue about petty crap. Going to be a good year, I think. She's afraid she might hurt my high dollar saws, so I got her a $99 (on sale) 42cc Poulan Predator to play with. Told her we'd use it to grind stumps or cut roots when she feels comfortable with the better saws. Her only rule was... "I'm not leaving the ground. I am NOT climbing a tree." I'm good with that. Somebody has to be there to call 911 if I fall on my head, right?

The usual family model is for a separate source of income not dependent on the tree biz.

Judas Priest Dan ! You don't post that often anymore but you always seem to on the days I really need to feel good about myself. Always a pleasure for me to read you and think to myself " you know, I don't have that bad of a life". Carry on my good man.
It was a beautiful day.

...not dependent on the tree biz...

Yeah, I know... but, corporate America being what it is, after completely hosing themselves by trying to cut corners and bringing the wrath of the FDA down on their heads, the big pharma company did what they do best... gave the guy who caused it all a raise and closed the lab down and shipped all the jobs overseas to India. Job went bye-bye. She got on with another lab closer to home, with an ethanol plant that actually has a research and development lab, and the owners of that one promptly went bankrupt, so job went bye-bye. Think we'll give this a try, if it doesn't work out she can always look for another lab job. We can afford to take a year giving it a shot, but I'm going to have to step up my game a bit.

I did see one banner that stated " Complete Tree Work". So I did what any normal man would do,

Send him up the tallest tree in the yard to dead wood it then notch and back cut while you explain to him your somewhat of a tree dude as well ????

Jesse

Send him up the tallest tree in the yard to dead wood it then notch and back cut while you explain to him your somewhat of a tree dude as well ????

Jesse

Yes, explain while I cut it! Great idea! Just brilliant! It would be only low brow chicken **** if I just cut it without the explanation.

It finally got cold enough for me to go TD that crusty elder that was full of hornets... or whatever it was that lit me up last time I tried. I didn't really get a good look, I just took two in the forehead then jumped ship like a bat out of Hell for beer and air conditioning.

It was a fat nasty piece of crap, no central leader, the tallest part right over the house, chinsy deadwood and ripped branches everywhere.

Have you ever dropped the wrench down into the chipper while changing the knives? WTF!?!
Was the Christmas break THAT LONG?!! $H!T!!!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Cleaned all the glass on the trucks real good, then rain x'd the windshields and mirrors. Also tried out some new anti fog sauce on the inside of the windshields, we shall see. I need to purchase some heated mirrors for sure, but rain x for now.

Cleaned all the glass on the trucks real good, then rain x'd the windshields and mirrors. Also tried out some new anti fog sauce on the inside of the windshields, we shall see. I need to purchase some heated mirrors for sure, but rain x for now.

The ground guys breathing to heavy in the cabs?

Have you ever dropped the wrench down into the chipper while changing the knives? WTF!?!

The socket, allen key, old knives, you name it. Usually when I'm changing them in the pouring rain is when I drop the most stuff.

Wait you r supposed to change the blades? I thought they were self sharpening, my bad. I heard that once

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back