What $20 will get you at the Stihl dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheim1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Went to the dealer yesterday to get a chain tensioner.
They appearantly had some year-end clearance where they wanted to get rid of inventory. Brand new case for $15 and some small stuff for another $5.
Glad I went. :)

They appearantly had some year-end clearance where they wanted to get rid of inventory. Brand new case for $15 and some small stuff for another $5.

Braggert

Last time I checked, the cases were going for $41 locally. I just picked one up for $31 the week before the price went up and thought I was doing good.
Can't beat a deal like you got.

You could probably flip that swag on eBay for a $400 profit.

I never seem to get any deals at my Stihl dealer.I picked up a loop of RSC .325 .058 x 72 DL and it cost me $24 bucks plus tax. GEEEZ!

Yeah, but don't tell them how much the chain tensioner was :jawdrop:

The slide portion only was $6.
But I have to agree that part prices are getting out of hand; I debated to put new rings in it, but after they told me it was ~$20 per ring :jawdrop:I decided otherwise (150lbs compression should be ok for now).

Latest posts

Back