What 4 people and a bunch of saws can do!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A.E. Metal Werx

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
My brother is in town for the weekend and wanted to play a little so we got ahold of a few other fellow AS members, Ron (Ronaldo) and Mark (Hoskvarna), and mike (homelite41) to see if they wanted to spend a day in thee woods, mike couldn't make it due to being at the in-laws. Don't worry mike, we were thinking about you while inhaling the sweet smell of 2strokes! Any way, we started a little after noon and went till shortly after 5. Poor mark spent most the time running the massy pulling logs, on two wheels most the time.... Ron, my brother and my self did all the cutting and hook tending, if that what you would call it. We cut mostly oak, elm, and hickory. I tell you what, I spent most of my time cutting my self out of the damn thorn bushes that were EVERYWHERE... I this I will have to retire my flannel after today. Saws that were used today were. 550xp 18", 346xp 16", ms250 16", cs 530 20", 2153 with 346 top end 16", husky 555 24", 371xp 24", 372 28", I'm sure I missed a few. Took a few pictures.

huvuge6y.jpg

ezu5u2ap.jpg

Mark 3 wheeling it.
y4eru9en.jpg

Lots of hickory there.
avanuva4.jpg

Panoramic view of the days haul
hupegusy.jpg

Again

All the pictures I took for the day.

heimannm
Hey Shawn - when I get back from the land of Oz I will have to come see you with a 24" bar I have, first time I've ever seen one that the rails were actually worn down so far the drivers hold the tie straps off the bar. .050 gauge.

Not a bad day to be cutting wood. I kept hoping this morning someone would come along with a nice little project for today but it didn't happen.

Mark

A.E. Metal Werx

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
Shawn, pm me your contact info for future reference, we can car pool in hopes to keep the wallet from getting so thin. Guy, the 555 was running a 24" 3/8 full chisel set up and it pulled it Wu authority. From what I know about the saw is its strictly just muff modded. Bar buried in the cut she was pulling a consistent 10k. Me personally I that that was doing pretty well!

srcarr52

srcarr52

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Hey Shawn - when I get back from the land of Oz I will have to come see you with a 24" bar I have, first time I've ever seen one that the rails were actually worn down so far the drivers hold the tie straps off the bar. .050 gauge.

Not a bad day to be cutting wood. I kept hoping this morning someone would come along with a nice little project for today but it didn't happen.

Mark

We can grind them deeper but eventually it's going to look like a carving bar.

z71mike

z71mike

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks for the pics! Nice camera work on those panoramas. We don't see too much land like that out here. Nice change of scenery.

A.E. Metal Werx

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks for the pics! Nice camera work on those panoramas. We don't see too much land like that out here. Nice change of scenery.

Wish I could take the credit for the good pictures.. The iPhone did all the work!! The land is perfect around there. Nothing better in my book then spending a day out in the timber with family and great friends. Sure looking forward to the next time.

z71mike

z71mike

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nothing better in my book then spending a day out in the timber with family and great friends. Sure looking forward to the next time.

Right on, brother. PA opening day is Monday. We're all meeting up at my uncle's farm in north-central PA for most of the week. Huntin and cuttin next year's firewood. Lookin forward to gettin some good cuttin done with about a dozen family members and friends. You inspired me to try to get some photos. I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
A.E. Metal Werx

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
Right on, brother. PA opening day is Monday. We're all meeting up at my uncle's farm in north-central PA for most of the week. Huntin and cuttin next year's firewood. Lookin forward to gettin some good cuttin done with about a dozen family members and friends. You inspired me to try to get some photos. I'll see I can do.

I'll be keeping my out for the thread.

Ron, them massy's sure make for quick and simple work. Makes me think I've been doing it wrong the whole time!

Latest posts