What a great forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimanager

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Another newbie here. Sam from Central Illinois. I just cut firewood to feed my Taylor Stove. Been doing that for 14 years and its just a small fraction of the knowledge and experience on this forum. I just love to soak up as much information as I can.

I run a Stihl 044, 280 and a 026 that needs to be repaired. Also a home made log splitter that I run off of my John Deere 4230. I hand file my chains in the field but I have a Tecomec grinder in the shop.

I live on about 54 acres of timber so I can hardly keep up with the dead trees. This last summer we had a storm come through and now I have about 50 trees to clean up. I also help my father-in-law on his farm.

Just can't wait to log in every day and see whats new. I have a great deal of respect for the men and women that do this every day,(both logging and arborist) and I'm sure that I will be able to learn from their experiences.

Thanks for reading,
Sam

Just one question, what is stump jumping?

"Hold my beer while I try this"

welcome.

hey, i also cut firewood for my personal use only, but, after watching some of these guys in the video section do some trees and the climbing they do, i feel like a babe in the woods. i'm better suited as a "grounds guy"..lol besides, at 55 , i'm not as agile as i once was. but, i sure wish i got into climbing when i was younger.

anyways, this site is the best i've found on the internet. anything, and i do mean anything you want to know about trees, cutting, saws, burning or any equipment this is THE place to find it. the guys here are not only a great bunch, but very knowledgable too.

ps: just stay away from the political section..too many republicans here. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back