What are the best chain saw chaps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never worn a pair of chaps

It's a good idea to have a pair on if youre doing any cutting. Just saying.

You won't hear me preach about it like some others but I have seen a few nasty injuries that could have been avoided with a pair of chaps.

I use the Labonville wraps and they are comfy. Hot in the summer though, but all chaps are. You get used to them and dont even notice them. Get you something to cover that melon too.

I have the Stihl one's...and they're quite good..IMHO...

If I were to buy another pair..it would be the Labonville full wraps..!!

Shipping price sucks though..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I never gave chaps much thought until I cut my knee and needed an ER visit. I then researched and chose the Labonville full wrap, 10 ply competion chaps. The full wrap is reasuring as I do a lot of ground level brush cutting and 10 plies should have no problem stopping my MS 261. They are comfortable, well made and I highly recommend them. The only down side I see to them is that Labonville recommends they not be machined washed because of the material they use inside them.
Stihl makes 9 ply full wrap chaps that are washable, in fact they encourage washing them occasionally to keep the material inside "fluffed up". I'm not sure if that is a real good thing or not...

Bob R

If you're buying Labonville chaps get them from Bailey's. Labonville and their lone shipping option sucks.

The best outside chaps I've used we're Elvex. They fit better than any brand of chaps I've tried.

But I wear the insert chaps now.

So, that means the tree service guys are smarter? Or luckier? Or dumberer? :msp_confused:

It takes one mistake and you might die or worse......

bob

Dumber for sure, yep.....Hard hat and chaps, otherwise you're a ####ing cull in my book that deserves whatever you're dealt. Seen to many dumb and completly avoidable injuries.

Latest posts

Back