What are your COLD weather gloves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carharts

I wear a pair of carhart insulated gloves. They have a leather palm wich is pretty good the rest of the glove is black. They are very warm. I have taken my quad at about 40mph down a 1/4 mile and back many times then did laps around the field at that speed and my hands were toasty warm. Today I was splitting wood for a few hours and the outside was soaking wet but my hands were niceand dry. They cost about $40 but well worth it.

Simple I just stay inside if the temp drops to below -25C I always have enough wood to keep warm:). I use some high tech ski gloves, if it get's that cold I really do not know what they are made from they are blue if that helps :).
Heated handles and this is the only thing Sthil can make right are the best thing on your saw Jred and husky handles get to hot but then that might mean the saw's are hotter too:monkey:Gotta poke fun when I can.

Those Kinco knit cuff heat keeper gloves for rme, the best I have ever used. I learned about them here last year. I found some on Ebay and at the local feed store/elevator.

I use Army issue pilots gloves that are very well insulated. As long as I am moving they keep my fingers plenty warm. I will try to get pictures tomorrow.

I plan to keep one pair warm under my coat and wear the other ... swap them when my hands get cold. To test them, I drove home with my newly gloved hand out the window (18º @ 40mph). My hand stayed pretty warm but people kept waving ... go figure!
now thats funny rite thar--i tell ya!!!!!

Last edited:
Welding gloves for handling wood, or filling the stove. If it gets real cold I put jersey gloves on under them. I have thinsulate gloves when running the saw, but they will not hold up to wood handling.

The Kinco gloves I use have some fabric on the back of the hand and the rest is pigskin. They feel like they have a heating element inside when you put them on. I get them in L or XL for about $10 plus postage on Ebay from AllAnimalDepot.

Those all leather Kinco gloves would cost more.

If you havent tryed the gander mountain guide series hunting gloves they are awesome. I've used them in below zero weather and they are confortable as well as darn near waterproof.

used the yellow gloves for years . there good to wipe a ruining nose on . think there day.s are getting number.hard to find the old 20 oz . get lucky an find a store with new old stock .

The Kinco gloves I use have some fabric on the back of the hand and the rest is pigskin. They feel like they have a heating element inside when you put them on. I get them in L or XL for about $10 plus postage on Ebay from AllAnimalDepot.

Those all leather Kinco gloves would cost more.

These are the same Kinco's that I use. They are $12 plus tax at the local farm store.

A work of caution: when thawing a frozen trailer hitch at 6am, it may seem like a good idea to rub your cheap grease soaked cloth gloves near the torch to warm your hands but they may start on fire. Not that such a thing happened this morning. No pic no happen right?

Not really a winter glove, but I thought I would share my recent find at our local feed store.
Picked up a pair cause I was in a hurry and discovered on the way to deliver a load that I had forgotten my gloves back in the shop.they were cheap,a buck a pair.
I have cut,split,and stacked 5 cords with em,delivered all december, and the things just wont quit.The cuffs are worn to a frazzle and look plain sick, but the fingers and palm look good!They have got to be the longest wearing glove I have ever found,bar none.And only a buck.
Ill get the brand tomorrow when I stop to load up on these gloves.They are made of split leather and comfy to wear after the break in.

I bought a pair of these at the local hardware just because they were cheap and i liked the dexterity http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1PFN6?cm_mmc=Google%20Base-_-Safety-_-Hand%20Protection-_-1PFN6

They are great running the saw and are fine when its cold and dry for handling wood, but i used them cutting in the snow last week and handling wood with snow on it you get a little cold-damp right through the rubber. It wasnt enough to bother me while cutting, loading, or stacking but take a break and they get cold fast, then its harder to warm your hands back up. Maybe wear a latex glove as a liner under them? I have heard this defeats the damp-cold problem with work gloves. I might try it.

work and play.

I use these to work. http://www.ggsafety.com/product.htm?pid=522446 I often put jersey gloves inside them for extra warmth. I have many pairs and rotate them. I dry them with a wide mouth canning jar lid/ring propped in the gauntlet. Hands NEVER get wet and they last a lot longer than you would imagine.

I use these or mittens while riding snowmobiles. http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/product.php/pid/108/sid/983/prodid/17781
Not all of my fingers are equal as far as blood flow goes so when it gets really cold, gloves don't cut it. Any high performance riding where i need to have a good grip on the handlebars and still be able to use my brake lever call for the aforementioned claws.

Leather boots, the uppers of my swampers, and smooth leather mits get treated with this. http://www.atsko.com/products/waterproofing/sno-seal.html
There is nothing better.

I have a pair of insulated leather work gloves that work great in cold weather. I just cut/split/loaded/stacked 1.5 face cords in 11 degree weather with them.

In milder temps I just use the double leather palm orange gauntlet style work gloves from TSC. They last a while, even when using a maul.

Cabelas and Gander mountain have a pair of gortex/thinsulate snowmobile style gloves with a yellow leather palm/fingers that I want to try, but they aren't cheap...but look very warm.

I think I'm going to give those Kinco gloves a try...everyone seems to like them...and I'm the guy that can't have enough gloves!!

Carhartt insulated leather gloves. Not cheap, but well worth it - it's hard to work w cold hands. Love my Wolverine Gore-Tex 400mg Thinsulate boots, warm feet and warm hands I can be outside cuttin all day. Throw my orange camo lined hat w long ear flaps on, and I won't win any fashion contest - but I'll be warm! :)

Latest posts

Back