What bar length is too big?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What in blazes do you mean by this statement, Steve?

If you are gay I'm sorry if I offended you this was not my intention, I have no problems with gay people. It is merely used as an expression over here where I live meaning something is not up to snuff.

steve

You are one insecure man if you feel the need to threaten me over the internet. And if you thought my comment was belittling well you are in for a rude awakening in the real world. Apparently your ignorance knows no limits.

This is the funniest damn thing I've heard all day! Thanks for the laugh Sally!

I'm not threatening you buddy I wouldn't waste my time. That's what happens when you ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer. ####en deal with it I don't have the patience for your bull#### now #### off go to school and eat the jujubes your momy packed in your lunch.:chainsaw:

Last edited:
It clearly means that all Stihl saws are born homosexual. They only have other manly Stihl saws to procreate with until they are brought to a dealer or home where they can discover all the girly Husky, Echo, Dolmar, Efco, Solo's etc.

At least somebody has a sense of humour and not their head up their ass around here. Everyone can ####en relax the statement was taken way out of context.

Last edited:
You are one insecure man if you feel the need to threaten me over the internet. And if you thought my comment was belittling well you are in for a rude awakening in the real world. Apparently your ignorance knows no limits.

This is the funniest damn thing I've heard all day! Thanks for the laugh Sally!

Just chill out young lad. He called a piece of plastic and metal gay. He insulted a chainsaw (although it is up to the reader to decide if the term is an insult or not). An inanimate object. Not you, not anyone you know, not even a human being, but a tool; and not even specifically a tool that you own. He made a wise crack about Stihl saws. Not a big deal

I bought a 32" or a 35" Stihl ES bar & chain off a guy who used it on his 028 AV WB for like 3 cuts... I thought it was hillarious, but both where practicly new... He said it worked fine for the job at hand... couldn't beat the price to me... $40 It will work nicely on my 066 BB...

I bought a 32" or a 35" Stihl ES bar & chain off a guy who used it on his 028 AV WB for like 3 cuts... I thought it was hillarious, but both where practicly new... He said it worked fine for the job at hand... couldn't beat the price to me... $40 It will work nicely on my 066 BB...

Nice score I'm jelous

steve:cheers:

Ya, I found it on CL... I couldn't email the guy fast enough... I was "pooping" kittens

he seriously ran that huge bar on that little saw. he probably has to change his clutch now because it's purple from being on fire lol.

steve:cheers:

I have a stihl ms311 with a 18" b&c and have just finished noodling some 4' rounds with it. It would have been so much easier with a longer bar.

So i went back to the dealer to enquirer about getting a longer bar and i was told " Stihl only recommends 16, 18 and 20 and any others will void the warranty" I asked him about getting a 25" with a full skip and was told " no comment because your saw is under warranty."

I only plan to use the longer bar when i absolutely have too.

Will the ms311 (59cc) run the 25" with a full skip?

I really like the saw but now i wonder if i need another bigger saw. :greenchainsaw:

My two cents - you need a bar lenght that you are comfortable using. If it happens to be a long one then get a saw that is comfortable with the bar and forget all the wisecracks. I cut firewood and prefer longer bars both for the lenght and the change in the balance point; others also cut firewood and prefer short bars. This is no big deal. I wish I could answer your saw question but I can't since I know nothing about the MS311. I run a 25" bar on my 036 Pro and it does fine. Can I bury it in hardwood and expect it to cut straight through it without a little "sawing" - No. Will it nevertheless slice bar lenght hardwood without working yourself or the saw to death - Yes. Just borrow a longer bar and see if you and your saw like it. If either of you doesn't then you need a different combination. Ron

Latest posts

Back