What bar to buy for 365-XT ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleagemutant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking at a Carlton 20 inch speed tip bar they`re Oregon Power match. Does anyone sell Total Pro bars on here, whats the best bang for the buck.

The 20" or 24" Power Match type bar will be great. That's what I use on my 365's and 372's

I'd get a 28" or a 32" Oregon Pro-Lite bar if I was you. There really good bars. Work real good. The Husqvarna 365-XT will pull it no problem.

Watsonr sells the total bars. You just missed out on a group buy a few weeks back on them. I prefer the total bars to Oregon. They wear a lot better for the same money or less.

I'm not beyond taking on a good used horse trade bar. With a little fixing up, I can get some pretty good mileage from a used bar.

I try to evaluate the fact that if it is not too good, can I file the flanges off the rails and rivet on a new tip and stihl not have too much money in it?

How good do the rails look? Has someone been throwing a lot of chains and scarred up the rails? Can I dress them out?

Is the bar straight?

How bad are the worn dips at the mouth of the bar where the chain comes off the rim and settles back onto the bar?

How bad are the worn dips behind the tip?

I have 2 24'' Carlton Speed Tips that I got from Baileys as a bar and chain combo. Also bought a 20'' Carlton Speed Tip bar and chain combo from Terry Landrum for a reasonable price. I like em just fine and I think they look good on the saws. Can someone post what the Total bars look like pls?

Here's a 28"

034.jpg

I run an Oregon Power Match 20" on mine. That reminds me, I'm in need of a couple new ones.

Thanks guys Watsonr is ordering me a couple Total bars a 20" and a 24". The cool thing with the twenty inch is I can use my chains from my Stihl MS310.

Latest posts

Back