What brand do you run most?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand do you use most?

• Stihl

Votes: 90 44.3%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • McCulloch

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Homelite

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Jonsered

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • Poulan

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 6.9%

• Total voters

promac850

formerly promac610
Reaction score
I want to see what people run the most, just to satisfy my curiousity.

I run the McCulloch most, as, well, it's the only viable wood cutting saw I have at the moment. It's not a bad saw at all, except it doesn't start when hot (coil...)

cheap and working brand

Although I own diff brands, over the years it varies by "whatever I can get the cheapest locally to me that still runs worth a flip if I really need to go saw some wood". I have no brand loyalty when it comes to saws or transportation or appliances or anything else really. Near as I can see, all brands have winners and losers in their lineups over the years.

Another thing I have never done or never will do is wear some corporations advertising for free. Want me to advertise your product on a hat or shirt or whatever? show me the green...

craftsman/poulan/roper......newest one is about mid eighties, i guess...

I'm a member of the Roper/Craftsman club too! Lots of people don't give the 3.7/18" the respect it deserves. Like the fact the clutch cover is a nearly perfect design for noodling. (am I right?)

This thread has made me think...............ouch! Since almost all the cutting I do anymore is at demos, then I use a Mercury the most or maybe Mall. But there was a tornado come through the area a few months ago and my JT066 was real handy.
Igpoe:cheers:

voted husky even though i own a 460. The oem parts are less expensive and readily available. I don't like having to rely on a dealership or feebay to get parts. They're also easier to work on imho.

Husqvarna. I am not really brand loyal, though. It's just that the 371 fits the bill for 80% of the cutting that I do.

This thread has made me think...............ouch! Since almost all the cutting I do anymore is at demos, then I use a Mercury the most or maybe Mall. But there was a tornado come through the area a few months ago and my JT066 was real handy.
Igpoe:cheers:

Kool! Old saws rule. :rockn:

Mostly Stihl...but I have come to really luv my Snellerized 385xp, and am now
taking it out every time I cut:rock:

I knew Stihl and Husky-both of which are great saws-would be the top two. Am surprised that Jonsered is ahead of Dolmar, as there are more Dolmar runners IMO on this site.

for 90% of the work I do, my 346xp is the only saw for me. Coppicing, hedgelaying, felling small trees, limbing, carving...

Bigger stuff I pull out the 365, so still Husqvarna. Only time I use the small Stihl (MS171) is for carving, and I really hate this saw! As soon as I find a decent cheap saw suitable for carving, it will be replaced...

cheers,
Joe

Latest posts

Back