What Compression Tester to Buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like any other tool that you need to depend on, buy the best one you can afford. I went through a couple before I finally broke down and bought a used Snap-On from Ebay. Lots of guys, however, had better luck with the cheaper ones. My experience has been that the cheaper ones do fine up to about 160 PSI or so, after that, their readings become suspect.

It all depends on your needs and budget. If it is a tool that will be used frequently and accuracy is required, go with the best. If it is something you will use a couple of times a year to check a saw with, you can probably get by with a cheaper version.

after people praising the cheap ones on Amazon, you find the one or two reviews that tell the truth about how they suck. One gent said he broke down and spent double on the craftsman. I took that to heart and bought the Craftsman right off the bat. I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems to work well, comes with a nice case with all the bells and whistles for a reasonable price.

after people praising the cheap ones on Amazon, you find the one or two reviews that tell the truth about how they suck. One gent said he broke down and spent double on the craftsman. I took that to heart and bought the Craftsman right off the bat. I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems to work well, comes with a nice case with all the bells and whistles for a reasonable price.

+1...been using a Craftsman for over 6 years w/o a problem.

Latest posts

Back