what defines a good chainsaw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubar

treehugger
Reaction score
the hilll's of East Tn, third rock from the sun
Howdy yall...
yes i am a newbee , i just though i was crazy , then i found this site , i knew i had a affliction , i just didn't know what it was called , i do now?...i am here for the chainsaw ..

so what defines a good chainsaw .... i only cut about 20 or so cords of wood a year to feed to my beasts ,i am no pro , so i guess you could say i am joe home owner , so easy starting is # 1 on my list , #2 durability ..
#3 power , cause i do regularly come up against 3 or 4 feet thick sized oaks , # 4 weight , # 5 ease of use , we are talking anti-vibe here , i have carpel tunnel syndrome and i can tell when i get a hold of the old 61 or 680 , its a painfull night ,#6 price i don't care if it cost's $100 or $1000 as long as its usable , #7 availability of replacement parts , but being joe homeowner with a mortgage , i am usually in the broke or close to it category , so i buy or get given "old big saws" as the call em round here , fix them , keep the best ones , sell the rest , so i generally limb and cut the smaller with the poulan pro and save the 680 or the 61 for felling and bucking the big logs ..

the first saw i ever owned was a homelite xl 12 super , i used it to cut an sell firewood , i bet that old saw cut thousands of cords of wood

You need two saws....one big one small. lf you want the best and don't mind paying for it a MS241cm and a MS441cm will do the job well. l must say though l kinda think if you 'cut 20+ cords and often cut 3-4' diameter oaks' you would know what you need. Welcome to the forum and thick skin will serve you well round here.

Latest posts

Back