What do you all think???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL..I'd like some STIHL suspenders...but my wife says NO! :dunno:
I guess I could hide'em from her and only wear'em when she's not home. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I helped cut a sassafras into firewood on Saturday, and it was dark in the middle with much lighter sap wood outside. Now that I've looked at the pictures again, and thinking about the wood that we split, I'll go with sassafras.

The smell would be a dead give away for sasafrass, can't mistake that one for anything else. It does have a rootbear scent to it with some licorice tones to it. when working with it in my shop the smell becomes overpowering, not in a bad way but it is a strong smell that is not mistaken for anything other than sasafrass. I have a little sasafrass but I didn't mill it so I don't know what it looks like green, but dry it is a dead ringer for brown ash.

It a really puzzle this one. I can tell that its far too orange in colour to be english walnut english walnut looks like this. Kind of looks like mulberry but I think it must be a US only wood. T

That's not like any sweetgum I've milled. SG sapwood is white and the heartwood is commonly used as a walnut substitute.

The bark says oak to me but I'm "stumped" as well.:)

Back