What do you do thanksgiving morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As often as the weather permits, I will sneak off early in the morning and head out to one of the trout streams (about 100 miles away), catch a limit if possible (5, they're all stocked anyway), then get back to the MIL's for a quick shower and change of clothes before rest of the family arrives.

Works more often than not, and it's the last chance of the year for trout fishing, for me anyway.

Mark

Get up...

Prepare Broccoli & Cheese casserole for oven
Inject turkey w/ hot sauce marinade

Heat large volume of oil to 350*F

Put turkey in oil for 50 minutes

Bake casserole in 350*F for 45 minutes

Get GF to make salad

Pack everything in coolers, drive to GF's brothers for Dinner...

Gooserider

Hang out with the family and get ready for the big meal of the year, eat oysters, and tell stories.

Ah, yes, the old Thanksgiving OYSTER tradition!!

We are heading to the in-laws :cry: ... unless there's too much snow on the ground in the morning :)clap: :cheers:) If that happens :bowdown:, we will just have to hang out, watch the snow fall, and build a big fire!

But... you know.. I'm easy. :D

Hunt in the morning...cut and haul a load or two of wood w/ father, watch some football, large dinner, nap and maybe slip out again hunting.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their families!

He He, I'll be the odd ball here , we celebrated Thanksgiving Oct. 13 here in the great white north, business as usual tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys!:)

Get up, change out the block heater in my F250 Diesel (229,000 miles), then go out to the farm and run my 5100 for a few hours, since it's supposed to be sunny and 40*! Alternatively, skip the block heater, drive my Chevelle to the farm, make the tires a little smaller diameter on the way out of town. ( I really am a child in that car, I can never keep my foot out of it!)

Then, early dinner at 3ish, followed by football and BS, then we'll all probably hang around my dad's 65" Hitachi HD and play Wii bowling and make fun of each other! The Wii has really been a lot of fun for the family, everyone loves it! From 7 to 70 years, we all play! It's a great way to get a lot of laughs. Sounds like a great Turkey Day to me! :cheers:

I have started a tradition too, stay the heck away from the kitchen. To many knives and crazy woman there.
lol thats solid advice:givebeer: I'll be quail hunting then to the familys for real food -dave-

Probably sleeping, tired from being up most of the night smoking turkeys. See, I got using the cut wood into my turkey day at least.

Smoked turkey is good stuff. I went to over to my boss's house a few years ago for turkey day- Him and his wife had one turkey in the smoker and one turkey in bbq and that was good eating.

i will be working i know its suppose to be a day off but i have to work cause i cannot order Homelite parts from Gardner inc. anymore cause they suspended my acct due to me being 2000.00 in debt with them

so i have to go thru my parts i have to find out how to find buyers for them first come first serve type business transactions

even on the mac parts as well as the Homelite parts i have to figure out how to make ends meet

sure wish a miracle would happen right now im 2 month behind on my truck payment which is over 1000.00 so just the two bills is 3000 kind of lets you know why im all stressed out over this to the point it has my heart acting up alot and constant headaches lately

Calvin,

I wish you a joyous Thansgiving.

On a side note did you send out the bar I paid for 6 weeks ago

Bill

get out by 7:00 am and cut up some big logs and start splitting into noon then go over the inlaws... for 1:00..

Happy turkey day everyone.. :cheers:

I have worked on Thanksgiving for the last 10 years. It is 2 1/2 times my pay so I don't mind that much. This will be the first year that I get Christmas off.

Other wise I would sleep in then sit next to the wood stove and play with my kids until eatin time.

Latest posts

Back