What do you guys know about Homelite Super 1050 saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick_o_connell

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm new to your site so please bare with me. I've ran across this site before while researching saws. Your site is very informative, and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I go to auctions for buying and resale purposes and this week I bought a pallet of chains saws including 7 Homelite Super 1050's. These saws look masive! :eek:

All of them have 4ft bars on them, so I'm assuming this is a high powered saw. Does anyone know some specifics on this saw, i.e how many cc's, how old are they and what was the original selling price? I did a search on your site but there were few posts, and most were years old. I need to learn as much as I can about these saws, so I can be informed when I try to resell them.

They all have strong compression but I haven't had the chance to try and start them yet. When I got home with them it started raining :cry: From the looks of them, they must have been expensive. I got them from a local city auction and they are in darn good shape! Did I get lucky on these saws? I look forward to your replys! :)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Reguards,
Rick

They run well and are reliable. I have an older version (a 1020). Where I work has a 1050 and it has many hours. Solid saw. They are a handfull to run. I rather run the 800-925 series 82cc Homelites as they have plenty of punch and are small enough to manuver around the job. Those big 1000 series are...BIG. I use mine for blocking and stumps. Mine didn't work out well for milling (as compared to my McCulloch) because of Bar oiling issues. Other than that its a fun saw to drag out and blast through a log or two (if your a collector type). Nothing like cubic inches!

I'll probably keep one for myself (never know when you might need something like that!). The rest will be sold once I've had a chance to check them out.

There are a whole bunch of other homelite saws in the bunch, I started up 2 Homelite 410's last night. They're pretty big too (24" bars on them). I can't remember what other model's I have, I'll have to run to my warehouse and get all the #'s

No one knows exactly how many cc's the 1050's are? Or what the original price might've been? Just curious. :)

Regards,
Rick

Those 1050's usually get $200-$250 on ebay. If a bunch of us nut cases get bidding they run up a little more. The 2000 series are more popular with the collector set and usually push 300 on ebay. The 1000 series are nice (1000,1020,1050, etc) 100cc big old powerfull chainsaws that will give you a hell of a workout.

As soon as I can get an inventory of all of them I'll post them up for you guys. I have an ebay account as well and do a lot of business there.

I have a digital camera, if I can get around to it today or tomorrow I'll post a few pics. I'm just overloaded with work right now, we were hit pretty hard here in Miami when Katrina came through, so my job @ the city has me working 12/7 unitll the city is cleaned up and back to normal @_<

Reguards,
Rick

Ok, bro, when you get a chance, if you'd be willng to get me a list of what you've got I'll let you know what interests me ok? and whatevers left the rest of ya'll can have lol.

Back