What Happens When A Stihlhead Runs A Hot Rod Husqvarna???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Trolltide
Heres the 395 with a 20" bar and RSC chain right out of the box. I think a 10 pin and a little work to the chain would make it faster but here you go. What do yall think?[video=youtube;Hlmma6kBT6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlmma6kBT6Y&list=PL924B7180568B2BA7&index=4&feature=plpp_video[/video]

Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Trolltide
Some of those bar and chain combos cost more than some of the saws a I have. Very Nice collection there and to have them modded out by Randy makes it icing on the cake.
On the 261 is a Sugihara lite 18" with RSC chain. The 441 is a 20" Stihl ES bar and RSC chain. I just got in my 32" Sugihara lite today boy are they nice bars.

Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Trolltide
What's on it now, 8 or 9? 10 would be very aggressive. I only run a 9-pin on my ported/popup 084. It'll pull bigger, but is much easier to mess up with under pressure.
9 pin with the 20" bar. I ran a 8 pin it the other videos with the 28" and 36". I couldnt believe how hard I could pull on it with a 8 pin and 36".

Last edited:
Tzed250

Tzed250

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've done them with 170, 200, and 220....

More compression makes more power.....it's that simple.

Is it harder on the bottom end?????? Of course it is.

You have to keep in mind that all saws aren't built for the same purpose. I wouldn't want to see David running this saw in 100 degree weather with a 36" bar buried to the hilt. I think it has too much compression for that........but to run a 10 pin and a short belly bar, it's just right. Might need more carb to really shine though. :msp_wink:

This is one of those deals where you have a customer that is well aware of the risks and is willing to treat the engine accordingly.

So, Randy......one ring......or two?

blsnelling
Thats what I was thinking. Its tuned on the rich side and this was the third tank ever ran in the saw. Its tuned to 13600. I richened up the low side a bit after yesterdays cuts. Im gonna leave the high side alone till it breaks in a bit.

I noticed that it was a little rich on the H side, but it cleans up very nicely in the cut. My 395 liked a richer tune than many saws. Plus that's more insurance against excess heat with the compression you're running.

Latest posts