What have you got since joining this site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbours are pissed and my wrist is sore I learned to keep an open mind as far as brands are concerned. I learned I am not the only one with a sick sense of humour. Long bars are cool.I may need a bigger saw. I may need glasses soon. But all in all I think this is the best forum I have ever joined.I have belonged to a honda ct90 group a atv group and a hunting group and most of the people on those threads don't have 1/8th the knowledge of this group.

Let's see... tons of information, only one new saw (a 660), a handful of accessories, a stack of manuals, pair of chaps, a drying shed for lumber I mill, workbench space for saws, and an agreement that I can buy all the saw stuff I need if I'll just SHUT UP about it. ;)

Only things i've picked up since joining are a nice used 346xp ..... a great pawn shop find, they had no idea what it was...... and a Northern Tool chain grinder.

Unfortunately..... i have to say i find this site very clicque-ey, and often filled with smart-allec answers instead of useful advice. I spend a fair amount of time on a few different forums..... and of the four or so i frequent, this site is the most useless.

We differ on the definition of "need"

Let's see... tons of information, only one new saw (a 660), a handful of accessories, a stack of manuals, pair of chaps, a drying shed for lumber I mill, workbench space for saws, and an agreement that I can buy all the saw stuff I need if I'll just SHUT UP about it. ;)

When it comes to defining need my wife and I have different opinions. She always gets the last word.

Then I usually do it anyway.

Got Crs On Dates

how do

i have done power line work since 1967 and have 33 years in with the rural electric where i work. i hurt my back on the job so i now have almost daily tree trimming line clearance work. i most generally work alone and mostly do removals. everything is around power lines. i made a deal with the mananger. i buy the saws...you buy the gas,mix,chains, and bars. my saws are not used by other employees and (I TAKE CARE OF THEM).

i live in a really rural area so i order just about everything on line and dee livered to the place i work. when sgt. talcott wants a new trailer house...sure honey...you know i am just crazy about you...oh bty i need a pole saw.

i also sneak some in when she aint looking...dee livered to the place i work. ha ha... she dont know.

this year alone...i went sweede crazy.

"big john"...395xp "lil john"...142e "big lil john"...346xp "long john"...pole saw "lil big john"...372xp i already had "old john"...55

just need a 339xpt "high john" and then start to get them modded one at a time.

i hope my old body holds up for awhile so i can cut firewood and mill after i ree tire.

bestest ree guards

talcott

Only things i've picked up since joining are a nice used 346xp ..... a great pawn shop find, they had no idea what it was...... and a Northern Tool chain grinder.

Unfortunately..... i have to say i find this site very clicque-ey, and often filled with smart-allec answers instead of useful advice. I spend a fair amount of time on a few different forums..... and of the four or so i frequent, this site is the most useless.

Do you frequent any other chainsaw forums? This one seems to be the only one that keeps popping up for me when I search.

An 020AVP,045and one for parts,441 Magnum,northern chain sharpener,chain breaker and spinner,bar maint tools,30 Alaskan mill,30" and 24" bars and piston stop. Also made a 24" CSM and a 2 man log lifter. And learned a lot from you guys that realy helped my leanring curve.THANKS:bowdown:

WELL, I DON'T GET MUCH ANYMORE , because every little while I have to get back on here to see what the latest posts are, I'm hooked! My wife dressed in her slinkiest lingerie will ask if I'm coming to bed? What do I say? Just a minute, there's another post on a modded 359 I really have to see.
That's what I got since joining this site.:cry:

Well, you just have to read the list on the bottom of the post.Also PPE from head to toe.The ability to raise eyebrows when you tell people how many saws you have.The twisted desire to watch a 70' maple drop exactly where you want it,even though it was leaning the other way.The ache to see how well the chain you sharpened slashes through the trunk of that maple tree.I could go on some more,like the entertainment I have gotten from all of you,and the wisdom and insight that is just a click away.I am sounding obsessive ,and this site is mostly to blame.Oh yeah,I am a better typist now that I am on this site too.:) :)

In the year before I joined the site my chain saws were upgraded because of "need". My Poulan XXV/Craftsman quit and was replaced with a 200T. The first time that my wife saw the 200T she laughed and said "What did you buy that little toy for?" My 041 quit and was relaced with a MS460. I was doing a lot of limbing around the property and bought a HT 101 to replace an old manual pole saw. I bought a Maxx grinder for sharper chains.

After I joined the site I got an 084 and Stihl chaps. I used to have one chain for each saw. Now I have 2 or 3 chains and different bars for the saws.
Chain saws are cheap to buy compared to excavator, Peterbuilt, and crawler parts.

I've picked up enough crap to become dangerous.

Not just to myself anymore. Surrounding property and people are now in complete danger.

I got a bunch of new friends...

and yep, also got the wife thing... "what are you doing back there every night??". I tell her the truth, but she doesn't really believe me..:)

When the wife asks, "Do you really need that?" I reply, "Four Paws says I do." And she says, "And if Four Paws jumped off a bridge, would you?"
To which I reply, "I guess I'd have to, I don't know if he can swim."

HAHAHAHAHA - good one!

I have accumulated 17 Shindaiwa saws and a 5100S Dolmar - Sold a few of them, but kept the "Dream Team" pictured below.

attachment.php

I also have a 284F, 385XP and a SP125 not in the picture.

When I got here I had 036 & 335xpt........They are gone
Here are the running saws.........about 7 months worth
plus all the other stuff..........I have lost my flipping mind!

And yes friends and all that other stuff :)

attachment.php

Back