What I did this week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STLfirewood

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
I started doing a little logging on a couple acres. The guy wanted the white oak cut off and hauled to the mill. I delivered just a tad over 2k board feet Doyle scale(I know it's not that much). I used my dump trailer to haul it. Then dad and I cut 8 2/3 cords of wood. We split 5 cords of it and have the rest at the barn ready to split. I still have another big load of logs to cut and haul. The I have to finish the tops up. I think there is another 12-15 cords there. I hope to have it done in the next week or 2. It just all depends on the weather. I put a 16" bar and 3/8 chain on the Husqvarna 359. That makes a great firewood saw for tops and small logs. It really cuts good with that bar and chain combo.

Scott

epicklein22
Nice, that is something I would love to do. A small logging tract where I also firewood it out. Seems like a fun job to make some extra cash and a great option for the homeowner since his woods wouldn't be a huge mess of tops.

Some pictures would be sweet.