what in the hell is wrong with this ms361 please help!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberTramp420

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score

Tried everything it seems brand new coil, 2 new spark plugs both boush and ngk, carb re tune, new air filter and fuel filter, its got fresh 93 on stihl synthetic at 45:1, chain break is off(not that dumb lol) please help before I throw this thing off the roof

Tried everything it seems brand new coil, 2 new spark plugs both boush and ngk, carb re tune, new air filter and fuel filter, its got fresh 93 on stihl synthetic at 45:1, chain break is off(not that dumb lol) please help before I throw this thing off the roof

Put a chevy emblem on it and it should run better lol
Thats what i tell the guys at out working on fords so they put a chevy horn button on our ford dumpy and it runs good now

What's the history of the saw, specifically what has been done to it recently?
It idles but shuts off when you try to hit the throttle?

Fuel lines and carb kit. If bought used it could have been used and stored with ethanol fuel in it. Bet its nothing major

Could be a bad switch or wire to being you said new coil too
I listened to it again, I'm not catching anything that sounds like the type of lean out you get with the typical leaky impulse line etc.
I wouldn't replace a coil though until I had checked every wire from end to end.
All you need is a pinch or a crack in the insulation ... and it will leak ... and it will drive you crazy.

"please help before I throw this thing off the roof
"

That's what the muzzies do to gays ... are you suggesting the saw is gay?

:dizzy: :laugh:

if anything that rough idle sounds like its rich on L. It sounds to me like instant kill when it revs a bit. id check to see that that coil is tight and has appropriate air gap. then trace wires. quick and easy and free. then start putting parts on it if need be

I listened to it again, I'm not catching anything that sounds like the type of lean out you get with the typical leaky impulse line etc.
I wouldn't replace a coil though until I had checked every wire from end to end.
All you need is a pinch or a crack in the insulation ... and it will leak ... and it will drive you crazy.

"please help before I throw this thing off the roof
"

That's what the muzzies do to gays ... are you suggesting the saw is gay?

:dizzy: :laugh:
I didnt understand his post cause i think it had a typo but as my dyslexic mind read it. It looked like he said coil and plugs were changed

I didnt understand his post cause i think it had a typo but as my dyslexic mind read it. It looked like he said coil and plugs were changed
There's not enough info here to do any real diagnosis.
We need to know if it restarts after it dies without any trouble.
Need to see the wiring and coil setting.
I say do a compression test and put it on ebay ... some moron will pay $100 more than he paid for it :laugh:

Can you get it to do anything else like WOT? I'm thinking fuel issues, but might be something to do with the clutch and clutch drum. I hate figuring out these voodoo problems.

I'll take it off your hands, send it to me I love a challenge and I'll pay shipping. Better than throwing it off the roof. Also did you try running it with out the air filter on?

Back