what in the hell is wrong with this ms361 please help!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for fuel line or impulse line. If it starts and runs, an ignition problem is possible, but not likely. Cracks in fuel lines is a very high probability, especially if it sat for a few months. Hard to tell by listening to a few seconds of running. It's probably getting enough fuel to idle just fine, but nothing above that.

the coil and flywheel magnet had a business card put in between them for the clearance during instillation, its starts right up after dying easy but will not throttle up in the video the second i touch throttle it dies, the carb was tuned by a stihl mechanic by a local certified dealer. When I went to go half choke the chain started to spin but on and off like something was restricting it and i didnt try that again because it seemed something could break possibly . Do I have to touch the LA, L & H screws to clean the carb i I've cleaned and retuned 4 carbs but the time i even touched this one ****ed it all up so i dont wanna have to touch any of those.

the coil and flywheel magnet had a business card put in between them for the clearance during instillation, its starts right up after dying easy but will not throttle up in the video the second i touch throttle it dies, the carb was tuned by a stihl mechanic by a local certified dealer. When I went to go half choke the chain started to spin but on and off like something was restricting it and i didnt try that again because it seemed something could break possibly . Do I have to touch the LA, L & H screws to clean the carb i I've cleaned and retuned 4 carbs but the time i even touched this one ****ed it all up so i dont wanna have to touch any of those.

Yer gonna have to remove the mixture screws, to clean out the innards, with low pressure only of course. Mostlikely your current positions of the needles will be meaningless, but it's easy to measure how many turns each screw is out (CCW) from lightly seated. And just as easy to return them to the same positions.

Do you know how to rebuild a carb? Not rocket science, but it helps to be borderline anal. Cleanliness is critical.

While you're getting at the fuel system, dump the fuel tank into a clean white plastic bucket. That'll let you see how much poo was in the tank with the fuel- std issue w/Stihls collecting crap around the flippies. Little break in the fuel line in the tank, and guess where that goes. (the carb) Just one reason why it's a good idea to dump the tank regularly.

how do I check the impulse line ? or any other leaks any good tips? and wheres the tank vent? sorry guys ive been real busy and tired and this is killing my wallet so typings all bad

didnt run for 3 months before video tank was drained but dont mean nothing sat in a corner too long it must be that carb and tank the coils brand new, any tips on the vents and impulse line

The vent is under the front handle above where it's mounted on the side. That's not your issue. Impulse line, not so easy. Pull the carb number one and chk the fuel line for holes.

didnt run for 3 months before video tank was drained but dont mean nothing sat in a corner too long it must be that carb and tank the coils brand new, any tips on the vents and impulse line
The tank vent should exit the top of the tank if it like the 034 it should be on the recoil side of tank the best way to test thw tank vent i lay ur saw on the side and loosen ur fuel cap and see if it runs better if there is no change then that rules out fuel tank vent

The tank vent should exit the top of the tank if it like the 034 it should be on the recoil side of tank the best way to test thw tank vent i lay ur saw on the side and loosen ur fuel cap and see if it runs better if there is no change then that rules out fuel tank vent
Wrong saw

Wrong saw
I do know that. It is also the new version of the 360 the 034 and 036 were almost the same saw same displacement just a different layout the 036 became the 360 and all new emissions saws had a 1 after the original bloodline

On the 361 there's a small cover that has to be taken off to see the tank vent but I'm with old cat on this one, I don't think that's your problem.

Back