what in the hell is wrong with this ms361 please help!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its the older ms361 so no limiter caps on carb, carb is on good, muffler modded no screen(not new mod) impulse line is fine, the saw sat for 2 months before this just because i was so busy and i drained it but again doesnt mean the carb wasnt full of old fuel. probably going to have to wait more :( and buy a tach and clean it and retune it anybody know any good tachs?

All 361s had limiter caps from the factory. Someone must have removed them.

I use a DTI-20K Tech Tach, costs about $100 clams. They also make the Tiny Tach that is good for the same price.

alright answer fixed everyone carb was gunked up wit acouple small green deposits so safe to assume that was the problem, so until I get carb cleaner today I was looking at the carb itself and the intake plenum can anyone tell me what in the photo below circled is for in the air box itself there is barley any room for this hole to get air threw

That snorkel only allows atmospheric air pressure in to the carb metering diaphragm , a pinhole would allow enough air in to do what is needed or intended to do. Stihl referred to this option as an intella carb setup, supposedly designed to compensate for a dirty airfilter.

this carb has zero markings no stihl, zama, not even a "made in" or any numbers at all, im thinkn it could be knock off since no limiter caps

it was a southern ohio logging saw the bottom of its seens its days in the woods but the previous owner took good care of the top side but the carb has zero markings ill post pics, but runs great and screams or at least did :( lol

Chainsawr has a used Walbro HD34B for $30.

This is what it looks like:

Walbro HD-34B.jpg
It should say Walbro on it. Sounds like you have a knock-off Chicom carb in there and it forked up for whatever reason. I see a lot of used Stihl saws around here with aftermarket Chicom crap on them. I see Chicom parts, I pass...

Chainsawr has a used Walbro HD34B for $30.

This is what it looks like:

View attachment 404076
It should say Walbro on it. Sounds like you have a knock-off Chicom carb in there and it forked up for whatever reason. I see a lot of used Stihl saws around here with aftermarket Chicom crap on them. I see Chicom parts, I pass...

Got a link to that carb for $30 and how reliable is this source

Back