What in the world is this???!!! MS661 related.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone looked at the serial number to compare?

Saw was purchased sept 11 2014

The pic you posted only shows the model number. The serial number I am guessing is stamped into the case, normally on the recoil side up near the muffler.

Waylan

I think the carbon buildup is largely due to this 'intake restriction', and the saw was 'half throttled' it's entire life, so it never got warmed up well. If the saw ran hot enough it should keep itself pretty clean

I've just started using the Lucas full synthetic at 32:1.. seems good so far.. When I took the saw apart after 2 tanks things were nice and clean, and well lubed. I'll leave the saw together for longer this time and run some more through it
I've been running motul 800 off road and have been impressed with the oil residue at 40:1 but I think I'm switching to something else because of the carbon build up I've been seeing. I've torn down a new 660 multiple times after dyno testing and was not impressed when I seen carbon build up after wot hard dyno runs.

So we have two types of 661 , with extra parts and without extra , and the stihl until now nothing , i like it

Latest posts

Back