What is a dump bed body light?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikewhite85

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got pulled over by California Highway Patrol today and had a vehicle inspection. Thankfully I did not get a ticket but I did get about 5 minor violations. One was for not having a dump bed body light. I was a bit anxious at the moment and forgot to ask what in the world that was. Is it just a little light that turns on at the top of the bed when you have you dump hoist engaged? I have never noticed one on a truck before.

i think you are confused with a dump body up indicator lamp , a light that is mounted on the dash that illuminates if the dump body starts to lift /or the hydraulic pump/pto is engaged while driving, . it has been a big issue in nys for a while now

Sunny! Ha...we are getting blizzarderded!

Sideways snow, angle snow, backwards snow, sometimes, the snow comes from the ground up

Going to make tomorrow real hard :msp_cursing:

Ya fergot Thunder Snow.

First time, well....only time I think, I ever saw thunder and lighting in a snow storm was when I was living up there in '00/'01

Work in progress!

The violations ended up being good for me because it got the ball rolling on fixing it and doing mods I have been putting off. I have a really handy groundman who has been working on it on off days. After having a welder straighten out the roofing body and put on a top, I had my guy sand it and paint it with rustoleum, replace some of the lights (still in progress), fix the ebrake and speedometer, paint the rims, and a couple other odds and ends. I still need all the bushings in the suspension replaced (they are getting pretty dry and crusty) and put in that dump bed body light. My father in law actually rigged one up so we'll get her going soon. The court date is March 14th so I have plenty of time.

View attachment 222047View attachment 222048View attachment 222049View attachment 222050

Back