What is a fair wage for an experienced tree worker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IBEW Local #1919 Pittsburgh PA!!

LXT..............

That would be International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. When I worked for the Electric Co-op that didn't have anything to do with an arborist union. Am I still missing something here?[/QUOTE]

Local #1919(IBEW) is a union for Line Clearance Tree Trimmers in Pitts. Pa, They work close with the Penn Del chapter of ISA toward promoting certification.....I will actually be sitting the exam 5-3-08 at their hall!!

As far as an Arborist Union?????? dont know of one, just Line clearance unions for tree trimmers.

LXT..........

Thanks a lot guys for your advice, I'm in the process of looking for a new place of employment, I know I'm worth more than 13 dollars, my boss promised me raises that never came! I will definitely start my own tree service soon, my wife and I are saving money to do just that. once again thanks

I guess it boils down to the area? perhaps this is good money in your area, where Im at $18-$22 is considered good....however in Boston & the New england states 18-22 is terrible????

:jawdrop:

I'm still dreamin' of the day I'll get $13. I work with experienced utility foremen who don't make that much. Where in New England is 18-22 terrible? I'll relocate!

:jawdrop:

I'm still dreamin' of the day I'll get $13. I work with experienced utility foremen who don't make that much. Where in New England is 18-22 terrible? I'll relocate!

Boston Sal,

Where the cost of living is sky high.

What Utility in Portland doesn't pay you $13? Cental Maine Power and Bangor Hydro are all decent jobs and make allot more than $13?

Maine

I know some guys who work in Brunswick ME making at least 25 an hour doing tree removals..Also I knwo some guys in Camden makeing 30 plus benififts

Zodiac, Sally and I don't work for the utility. CMP subs the trimming out. I wish I worked for the utility. I would be much better paid. I make little more than the OP and I'm a Lead man in charge of 5 trucks and 10 guys!

I know at least 3 companies in the MKE metro area that would start a person at $15 to ground and run a saw.

All they want is someone who will show up and work. Reliable help is hard to find.

Latest posts

Back