what is a poulan 3800 worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you push starting it? If the pull starter is missing, how do you know how it runs? Just wondering...

haha. I wondered the same thing. I found an ad for a dolmar on craigslist that said the same thing - runs great, just missing the pull starter...

...so how exactly do I check it runs great again? :p

go find you a buddy with the same saw and ask him to usee his pull starter assembly and go try it out

i took and borrowed a starter Ass from a other feller that got one...

:bang:

Where to start????

"i took" Okay....

"and borrowed" If you took it would there be a need to then borrow?

"a starter Ass" Not sure what type of posterior this might be....

"from a other feller that got one" I hope he has two, because I am sure he will miss the one you took/borrowed from him.

Why don't you just buy a running, functioning saw that has all its parts?

:bang:

Where to start????

"i took" Okay....

"and borrowed" If you took it would there be a need to then borrow?

"a starter Ass" Not sure what type of posterior this might be....

"from a other feller that got one" I hope he has two, because I am sure he will miss the one you took/borrowed from him.

Why don't you just buy a running, functioning saw that has all its parts?

well i tell ya i borrowed the starter assembly from a friend of mine and then tried it on my saw to make sure it runs and it did. and a other thing if i would buy a ruining saw what would be fun about that to work on to get it running. i know people on here buy saws that don't run just to play with to get running like i do.

yea i kind of figured they was pull my leg or something :laugh:
We can't take you seriously because you come on here and text scatter-brained posts that make no sense to anyone and when we offer advice you go and do the opposite. :dizzy:

well i tell ya i borrowed the starter assembly from a friend of mine and then tried it on my saw to make sure it runs and it did. and a other thing if i would buy a ruining saw what would be fun about that to work on to get it running. i know people on here buy saws that don't run just to play with to get running like i do.

Your friend has a starter assembly? That must be a Tennessee trait as no one I have encountered in Virginia has one. However, I have known one or two that had a pretty mean recoil.

Never had an opportunity to buy "a ruining saw", I had one do a pretty good number on me, though I was not ruined and only temporarily on crutches. However, I have acquired a number of saws that were ruined, but I find it a better policy to get one in running condition.

Never did any "playing" with saws, over here we have women to fill that niche.

yea i know i did but thats all changed i learned the hard way on that.and now i learned that to listen to everyone on here because they know more then the dealers do

Your friend has a starter assembly? That must be a Tennessee trait as no one I have encountered in Virginia has one. However, I have known one or two that had a pretty mean recoil.

Never had an opportunity to buy "a ruining saw", I had one do a pretty good number on me, though I was not ruined and only temporarily on crutches. However, I have acquired a number of saws that were ruined, but I find it a better policy to get one in running condition.

Never did any "playing" with saws, over here we have women to fill that niche.

:laugh: i heard that but some times around town you find someone thats having a yard sale and find a good looking saw that they say don't run untill you get it home and find out that it does but needs a few parts.

starter assembly

My little 435 has one according to Husqvarna, that is what the IPL calls it.
Even if the saw is good otherwise, one will still have to be bought to make a complete saw, adding to cost.

well i'm looking right now for a starter pulley to fix mine. and when i find it i'll put it together and try to find a other one to use for parts in case something happens to the one i got. i always trying to find a complete other saw just like it to use for parts

Go here buy the dang starter assembly and run the saw. It will get firewood for you. Down the road if you run across a Stihl that is in your budget, buy it. The wood don't care what kind of saw cuts it up. It took me many years of running different brands of saws before I bought a Stihl. They are pricey and even worse more expensive to fix. I don't see what the big deal about owning a Stihl is. Cutting firewood to heat your house sounds like it is the #1 thing you need to do.

well i'm looking right now for a starter pulley to fix mine. and when i find it i'll put it together and try to find a other one to use for parts in case something happens to the one i got. i always trying to find a complete other saw just like it to use for parts

Why buy junk? Just get one running saw that will meet your needs.

ok thanks for helping bud i got one on the way just got done paying for it. and should get it sometime before Christmas and then i'll cut the heck out of wood. and then when i sale enough wood i might be able to afford a stihl one day.

Why buy junk? Just get one running saw that will meet your needs.

well i know i find some of the that are junk but my point is why let something go to the dump when some one can use parts off of it to make a good saw. but i know i ran across some saws that look like they been ran over by a mack truck 4 or 5 times.but i just try to help out other people that needs parts and stuff.but i got this one saw that needs a few things and it will be running again.

i know people on here buy saws that don't run just to play with to get running like i do.
Yah, but we have our work saws that we make sure are in good shape first.
Then we might mess with others as a hobby.
And we don't come on here and say we're gonna freeze in a few weeks if someone doesn't sell us a good running Stihl for $100.
Get your priorities straight, please, before making more pointless posts and subjecting yourself to more ball busting.

Last edited:
dh1984, I have been studying your posts and sir, I believe you are pulling our collective legs. I have been involved in educaton for 34 years now and I think I can spot an imposter. Nearly had us fooled though.

Back