What is the most worthless saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of those Power Horse chainsaws. I should have known it was junk because it is blue. What is plural for blue? Blues, or blows.

What a piece of garbage. I got it newand cheap on Ebay. Thought it was a Red Max made saw. Not even close. It ran for 3 cuts then filed the cheap azz Chinese plug that it came with. My parts store doesn't even have a referance to replace it. I haven't messed with it since. On the good note. It did come with a good 18 inch bar and chain, and one of those squareish cases that holds some stuff.

One of those Power Horse chainsaws. I should have known it was junk because it is blue. What is plural for blue? Blues, or blows.

What a piece of garbage. I got it newand cheap on Ebay. Thought it was a Red Max made saw. Not even close. It ran for 3 cuts then filed the cheap azz Chinese plug that it came with. My parts store doesn't even have a referance to replace it. I haven't messed with it since. On the good note. It did come with a good 18 inch bar and chain, and one of those squareish cases that holds some stuff.
You parked a saw because the plug fouled? I mean, it may be garbage but I'm not sure that qualifies it as the most worthless saw....

Ok first off ill say i love stihl but that thing called the 019t is the biggest bugger to work on i have ever came across! Therefore it goes on my junk pile!

I guess I don't have enough experience. I've really liked my old Craftsman version of the Wild Thing and now their version of a PP260, the Poulan 2775, the Husky 142, the Mac 3420, my Dad's MS25C and 455 - plus the older saws we had when I was a kid - none of them have been worthless. All have been effective tools.

Well, I always go like this "when in doubt, cj8". And I for sure wouldn't run those saws at the recommended 25:1 they claim is needed. 50:1, any saw.

Anyway, I offer five dollah and shipping if you ain't gonna use it.

Homelite 330. Big, heavy, clumsy, hard to tear apart, and slower then hell.

Mini-mac
Slow, hard to work on, and very unreliable!

Husqvarna 142e

This is the most worthless saw : Husqvarna 142e

attachment.php

View attachment 223656

View attachment 223657

I bought this saw new in 2008 and it worked great the first time I used it for about 4 hours untill the oiler stopped working, And has never worked more than ten minutes at a time sense, 3 oil pumps, All 4 of the engine to case bolts broke off, Chain keeps jumping off no matter how tight you have it, The muffler burns out every 4 hours of use!! And the heat sheild above the muffler on the top cover burned up after 3 hours.

The only thing about this saw that is good is the engine it starts up ease runs great every time and cuts good untill something else breaks.

And no one has or can find a Service Manual for it ??? So this is the most worthless saw !!!

l3lue :blob2:

Last edited:
You parked a saw because the plug fouled?

Yea I did. Like I said Fouled a plug after 2 or 3 test cuts. And plug is some kind of Chi Com CUH CUH. I can't find a cross referance to the plug. It has a Chi Com carburator that I never heard of. I went to an auto parts store and Advanced Auto and can't find the plug. I could probably put a plug in it that fits, but is it right? Am I gonna start the saw and foul said new plug before I figure out the problem. I used the bar and chain for my new J-Red 2152. And the chain adjuster went on my Sears Yellow Max 40cc to replace the Intenz set up. (Intenz to throw the chain in your face). I gave the case to my bud who just bought an MS 250. So I can't say its totally useless. But as far as I'm concerned its closer to useless, than useful.

I don't have much patience for crap. Driving around looking for a plug is about the maximum effort I will put into this saw. I posted about this saw when I bought it. Everything about it is junk. If I had the time to mess with this saw, I should have done the right thing and excersised my EBay rights and returned it to the seller. When I get the time to mess with a project saw, I have 2 more Poulans I can put together to make a saw out of. I have a new carb that will fit 2 of my other saws that I have to make a decision about. I feel that time would be much better spent . Oh yea, theres a Chi Com scrench, a 4 oz bar oil and 3.2 oz 2 stroke mix that I haven't used. I'll give the bar oil out with a loaner someday, and use the stroke to pour on a brush pile before I lite it. More usefulness.

Well, I always go like this "when in doubt, cj8". And I for sure wouldn't run those saws at the recommended 25:1 they claim is needed. 50:1, any saw.

Anyway, I offer five dollah and shipping if you ain't gonna use it.

No I;ll try to get it running for trout season. Theres a guy down the road from me that always has a huge party and fire for first day. I'm gonna throw it in the fire while running. I'll try and get a video. I don't want to waste a CJ 8

I had the misfortune of working on 2 Craftsman saws. One was an older top handle and the other one was a firewood-size 2000-ish model. Both were chitboxes that wouldn't take a tune worth a dammm. And the bigger, newer one hated starting. Not sure if that's representative of the whole brand or not, but I'll never go near another Craftsman due to those 2 jobs.

A almost new ms460 with a perty little stainless pipe on the factory muffler sounds good . I had 5 friends comming over to cut some bowl blanks , so i sharpened the chain and filled gas & oil even dusted my chaps . When they arrived i got out my beast , it wouldn't scratch the bark i had put the chain on backwards .

I had the misfortune of working on 2 Craftsman saws. One was an older top handle and the other one was a firewood-size 2000-ish model. Both were chitboxes that wouldn't take a tune worth a dammm. And the bigger, newer one hated starting. Not sure if that's representative of the whole brand or not, but I'll never go near another Craftsman due to those 2 jobs.

The older top handle Poulans were one of the most dependable saws on the planet...thing is, all saws need to be in a decent state of tune to run, apparently yours had something wrong with it that needed attention. Remember they are several years old.

Hey, Mac, I'll take care of some of the office pruning once I am done with these payroll reports, OK?

[video=youtube;VUJ9tpeAS8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUJ9tpeAS8Q[/video]

Dolmar 7900 I read it the other night on here...wait I think i read on here the 440 and 372 were duds too....I'm really not sure what are good and what isn't.

Dolmar 7900 I read it the other night on here...wait I think i read on here the 440 and 372 were duds too....I'm really not sure what are good and what isn't.

Here ya go these are the good ones : 026 (MS260) 066 (MS660)

There now you know ...lol :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back