What is the most worthless saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the most worthless saw : Husqvarna 142e

attachment.php

View attachment 223656

View attachment 223657

I bought this saw new in 2008 and it worked great the first time I used it for about 4 hours untill the oiler stopped working, And has never worked more than ten minutes at a time sense, 3 oil pumps, All 4 of the engine to case bolts broke off, Chain keeps jumping off no matter how tight you have it, The muffler burns out every 40 hours of use!! And the heat sheild above the muffler on the top cover burned up after 3 hours.

The only thing about this saw that is good is the engine it starts up ease runs great every time and cuts good untill something else breaks.

And no one has or can find a Service Manual for it ??? So this is the most worthless saw !!!

l3lue :blob2:

Well I got the Husky 142e back together, I had to drill out the 4 broken engine to case bolts, Tapped the holes to a larger 1/4" (.25)" size , Original bolts were 5mm (0.196850)", I used grade 8 hardened 1/4" bolts , I hope the larger size hardened bolts will fix the breakage problem, Time will tell , I installed the new bolts with Loctite 2620, New oil pump, New muffler for a Husqvarna 136 I hope it last longer than the original, New B/C , I used it to trim a few limbs off my apple trees , Seems to work fine so far , Again time will tell

Maybe It's not the most worthless saw after all :bowdown:

Well I got the Husky 142e back together, I had to drill out the 4 broken engine to case bolts, Tapped the holes to a larger 1/4" (.25)" size , Original bolts were 5mm (0.196850)", I used grade 8 hardened 1/4" bolts , I hope the larger size hardened bolts will fix the breakage problem, Time will tell , I installed the new bolts with Loctite 2620, New oil pump, New muffler for a Husqvarna 136 I hope it last longer than the original, New B/C , I used it to trim a few limbs off my apple trees , Seems to work fine so far , Again time will tell

Maybe It's not the most worthless saw after all :bowdown:

I think you win here. :msp_smile:

Homelite 410, overweight, pos never run right from day one. Wouldn't start, twenty pulls hot or cold, was a complete turd compared to the sxl 925 it replaced, that's one trade that I never wish happened. It was the biggest piece of **** real saw that I've ever owned. I don't even consider Wild Things real saws, they are a disposable saw, a few uses and throw the thing away.

That was the first one that came to my mind. Heck I could not even give the thing away. Mine had crank seals puke like eating candy. Saw was/is a joke. CJ

WRONG!!!!

it is the cheapest 18'' chainsaw on the market. and it is pretty reliable

but the anti vibe sucks
The Wild Thing has the best anti-vibe on the market. (It is concealed in the clause that admits 94% of them don't start) The most common injury seems to be carpal-tunnel syndrome from competing with your neighbour on how far you can throw one of those POS towards the nearest dumpster.

The Wild Thing has the best anti-vibe on the market. (It is concealed in the clause that admits 94% of them don't start) The most common injury seems to be carpal-tunnel syndrome from competing with your neighbour on how far you can throw one of those POS towards the nearest dumpster.

That's funny. Used a 2150 of a friends. holy s*** that thing is hard to handle. almost as tough it has no anti vibe at all. still not a bad saw if you don't mind sore hands after 10 minutes of use and the constant tinkering to keep it running.

Not so much a bad saw as a gutless one is the 180 Stihl. Bought on new in the spring of this year. Thought I would be smart and upgrade the 017 for a new saw and one size bigger. Big mistake that 017 would cut circles around it and the 017 is it's self nothing to write home about. Should have kept the 017 . The 290 is gets heavy bending over cutting brush all day. oh well......

I had a John Deere(repainted Echo) saw I picked up for $20 years ago figured the price was right. Never could get to run right.

Picked up a Skil 947 for the novetly of a "gas powered Skil saw." ran good at the store, cut with it all day one day (screwing around) next day I ran her out of gas and never could get it to start after that. Took it apart cleaned the carb etc. nothing. Btw any saw that requires you to split the case in half to change the bar and chain is a throw away saw if there ever was one.

So I guess I'll stick with my 290 and 391 for actualy working. Although my Husky 365SP is quickly earning it's place in the woods.......

Sod Breaker

That's funny. Used a 2150 of a friends. holy s*** that thing is hard to handle. almost as tough it has no anti vibe at all. still not a bad saw if you don't mind sore hands after 10 minutes of use and the constant tinkering to keep it running.
You guys do realize they made A/V versions of that saw sold through Sears and Poulan Pro? Nice spring A/V system, very smooth. These are the simplest saws in the world, with primer bulbs and fully adjustable Walbro WT carbs (unlike some other cheap plastic saws that are not inexpensive) - if you can't keep a Wild Thing running....... Mine always starts right up and runs flawlessly from idle to WOT and back any time, time after time.

I can see how it might be hard to handle all that power though.:D

Seriously though, their biggest faults are that they're not that light and they're fairly wide, thanks to crankshaft counterweights that are pretty wide and a fan with pretty deep fins. OTOH they're cheap and reliable as heck with decent power (IMO).

Last edited:
Husky 141? No... Wild Thing

Years ago, between marriages, I had a Husky 141 I was using to cut firewood with, and although it was light (only redeeming quality), seemed very maintenance intensive. I was just about to scrap it out, then had a friend move in to help split the bills, he had a Wild Thing, what a piece of s**t, he had to adjust the chain tension every five minutes. Every time we went out to get a load of wood, I told him I thought it was best if he just handled as I cut, we would be out there less time... Funny how great a saw seems when you're grading on the curve... So my vote goes for the the Poulan ("Cause that's what you're going to be doing....") Wild Thing.

You guys do realize they made A/V versions of that saw sold through Sears and Poulan Pro? Nice spring A/V system, very smooth. These are the simplest saws in the world, with primer bulbs and fully adjustable Walbro WT carbs (unlike some other cheap plastic saws that are not inexpensive) - if you can't keep a Wild Thing running....... Mine always starts right up and runs flawlessly from idle to WOT and back any time, time after time.

I can see how it might be hard to handle all that power though.:D

Seriously though, their biggest faults are that they're not that light and they're fairly wide, thanks to crankshaft counterweights that are pretty wide and a fan with pretty deep fins. OTOH they're cheap and reliable as heck with decent power (IMO).

Stop it. You know its not "cool" to claim a newer poulan is a good saw (especially for the price).

Stop it. You know its not "cool" to claim a newer poulan is a good saw (especially for the price).
Well yeah, but I'm definitely not cool! Although I'd still be embarrassed to admit it if I couldn't make a Wild Thing run:msp_sneaky:

A saw that I Can't cut the wood by myself like the Mall model 7 need a other person its like a Pickup truck is worthless without gas.

Latest posts

Back