What Is Your Favorite Mix Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IPONE...

It's made in France, but it's the very best high performance 2 stroke synthetic you can buy. The bonus is it smells like strawberries. Some guys might laugh at that, but if you run a saw all day for a living....it makes a difference. I get head-aches from nasty smelling oil like Amsoil or the 99 cent a quart crud they sell at the local quickie-mart.

I pay $13.00 a liter for the Ipone, and measure it with a gallon mix container I saved for the purpose. (I only mix a gallon at a time because it's less to be spilled or lost or stolen)..

Anyone can become an Ipone distributor via the web, or you can search for a vendor and have it shipped. It's worth every penny IMO.

snow_racing_2T.jpg

IPONE...

It's made in France, but it's the very best high performance 2 stroke synthetic you can buy. The bonus is it smells like strawberries. Some guys might laugh at that, but if you run a saw all day for a living....it makes a difference. I get head-aches from nasty smelling oil like Amsoil or the 99 cent a quart crud they sell at the local quickie-mart.

I pay $13.00 a liter for the Ipone, and measure it with a gallon mix container I saved for the purpose. (I only mix a gallon at a time because it's less to be spilled or lost or stolen)..

Anyone can become an Ipone distributor via the web, or you can search for a vendor and have it shipped. It's worth every penny IMO.

snow_racing_2T.jpg

Sorry dude, the first four words of your post were enough to make me run from that stuff.

I'm on a 40:1 mix of squirrel piss then a 50:1 of Tabasco Chipotle sauce to top it off and give it a good smoked smell. Works great!

I can't believe nobody else runs coconut oil. It can handle the high temps much better than olive oil (although it is pretty chunky until the saw warms up).

Sorry dude, the first four words of your post were enough to make me run from that stuff.

The next best thing is Polaris VES Gold. It smells like bubblgum and cotton candy. It too is excellent oil, very near the Ipone.

2874438.jpg

1.5 ounces of Amsoil
1.5 ounces of KlotzR50

42.6:1 Ratio

Overkill on protection. Great on smell. Never a failure.

Powermix

Castrol Super Outboard TCW-3 scince 1979.Helps with the misquitoes also.Bas oil thinned w/min.spirits below 20 degrees F.

Any high quality synthetic mixed between 30 and 50 to 1.

Woodlandpro synthetic for now, although it doesn't smell all that great. Ultra smells a lot better but is a lot more expensive. Some of these fancy oils that smell really good sound pretty interesting.

Used motor oil is good for mixing with gas also makes the best bar oil

Its funny you should say that my dads been using drain oil for the bar and chain for many years and has had no problems. He has had the saw for 16 years and most of the paint is worn off the original guide bar. And before you can say there is not much running on the saw the throttle shaft on the carburetor wore out a few years ago. And the saw is stihl 009L.

Kerosene and brake fluid 50/50 makes a great penetrating oil.:monkey:

Favorite oil mixture.

BERTOLLI EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL or as Rachel says, "EVOO"
this and some seven seas salad dressing on chicken and tossed on the barbi. Hope this helps, Ken

Latest posts

Back