What kind of 2 stroke oil are you using??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use whatever the dealer says I should use.

Sure, there are a lot of good oils, but even expensive oil is cheap and this way I'll never get into an argument about whether the oil was wrong.

I only use Aspen, acrylate gas. Less smoke, less smell, higer power, and cleaner emissions. Costs a bit more but is worth it. Not to mention the time saving.

Mixed gas

Are you a Ham radio operator also? My call is KB8OOE.....I'd think you would be in an area like that. I hear what you are saying about detergents. The problem with running trash oils like the 30 wt non-detergent is mostly having to clean the muffler and spark arrestor from time to time. Detergents can cause some buildup in the combustion chamber and the crap is tuff on your lungs. I've looked into synthetics and have concluded that they are FAR better than plain base stoke oils. AMSOIL IS the best over all in Most of the tests I've seen and I believe this is due to the method they use to create their product. Synthetics have been engineered to withstand VERY high heat for turbines and extreme cold for artic missions so the oils don't turn solid. I hate 2 cycles period and wish the quasi-turbine or something else would hurry and get here. Anybody else get a boat motor running like a million dollars while sitting in a bucket only to have the dang thing not even hardly fire when you get it within a mile of the lake. I've really never missed a beat with my 046 but then theres the fact that they just spew emissions and drink fuel. maybe they'll make the next step with the lithium polymer batteries and finally build a good lightweight electric. Imagine not pulling a rope while you're 85 feet in the air. By the way,I don't use AMSOIL and probably never will because I don't like the way it burns in my waste oil heater. LOL

Who sells Mobil Mx2T?

Where are y'all buying Mobil Mx2T these days? I switched to Mx2T several years ago, after reading about it here on ArboristSite.
Autozone used to carry Mx2T, but it disappeared from the shelves of my local store a few months back. I still have a few bottles, but I use the same mix in all of my saws, blowers, and trimmers, so it will not last too long. Does anyone know of an autoparts chain or bigbox store that stocks this oil?

I use klotz super techniplate (80/20) at 40:1 in all my saws & string trimmers, I use 32:1 on new equipment for break-in. I don't care if they smoke a little more, I have never had problems with my older saws & they are still in use.

Where are y'all buying Mobil Mx2T these days? I switched to Mx2T several years ago, after reading about it here on ArboristSite.
Autozone used to carry Mx2T, but it disappeared from the shelves of my local store a few months back. I still have a few bottles, but I use the same mix in all of my saws, blowers, and trimmers, so it will not last too long. Does anyone know of an autoparts chain or bigbox store that stocks this oil?

Name changed to Mobile 1 Racing 2T - it has a red dye in it now. My store is slow to resock - ask them when their next shipment is due in.

I'm a Lemming ,,,,LMAO

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned used motor oil or canola oil. :hmm3grin2orange:

I buy whatever oil the Stihl dealer has on the shelf which is always the STIHL ORANGE bottle. I'm a lemming. :clap:

been through this thead twice just caught the lemming Joke,,,, Tried to rep you but I'm all out of bullets,,,,, I just love these oil threads
:clap: :clap: :laugh: :laugh: :sword: :popcorn:

I never made that statement. What I said is that Scamsoil buys its baseoils fro Mobil.
The basestock and additive package used in MX2T, now is proprietary and Scamsoil doesnt have anything close to it.

So don't they use the same base oils? So I was a little out of context, but it meant basically the same, right? If I couldn't find mobil it would be ok to use scamsoil in pinch, right? I don't wanna switch back and forth between different oils in my saws do I?(@least its not good to, right?)

I am sorry for misquoting you BWalker, thats not what I meant to do.

I don't wanna switch back and forth between different oils in my saws do I?(@least its not good to, right?)

I am sorry for misquoting you BWalker, thats not what I meant to do.

JMHO Find a good one and stick with it too much switching could lead to problems!!!!!

Cool, another oil thread. :laugh:

051-533C-500x500.jpg

It doesn't matter what kind you use, as long as you change it often.

Latest posts

Back