What kind of Safety Glasses Do You Need?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edd Parker

Reaction score
0039067_1900.pngThis certification indicates eyewear protects from impact, non-ionizing radiation, and liquid splash exposure. While it is a workplace standard, making ANSI z87 safety glasses a minimum standard for safe eyewear at home and during recreation makes sense.

Z87 at home? Come on, man. Wear the stuff when it’s needed.

I’m feeling some…View attachment 1091898

Look (Ha! Pun intended.), you can do whatever you want, it's a free country. There's no need to sneer at people with other standards of safety.
According to the American Academy of Ophthamology there are 2.4 million eye injuries each year. 125,000 of them occur in the home from commonly used cleaning supplies, let alone string trimmers and chainsaws.
Wear whatever makes you feel safe.

I and many others use the squinteye glasses.
All depending on your lashes..
I can't see through the screens & I can fog glasses up just thinking about falling timber, let alone hustling in mid summer..

Look (Ha! Pun intended.), you can do whatever you want, it's a free country. There's no need to sneer at people with other standards of safety.
According to the American Academy of Ophthamology there are 2.4 million eye injuries each year. 125,000 of them occur in the home from commonly used cleaning supplies, let alone string trimmers and chainsaws.
Wear whatever makes you feel safe.
It's common for men of the logging woods to enjoy stirring the pot.
AKA being a ****ing ******* that loves a fight.

I and many others use the squinteye glasses.
All depending on your lashes..
I can't see through the screens & I can fog glasses up just thinking about falling timber, let alone hustling in mid summer..
Wore glasses almost all my life until I had my lenses replaced. Now, I have 20-20 in both eves. Now I have 20-20 in both my peepers with lenses made in Texas.

Back