What kind of trailer for moving logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a dump trailer out there, I can't recall which brand, but it not only acts as a dump trailer. It is capable of carring a skid steer or mini excavator! Even has its own set of ramps built in.

If I had to get, or had the opportunity to get another dump trailer, I would definately go larger. Both Longer and more GVW. Even though this trailer would maax out my current vehicles towing ability, if I ever upgraded trucks, my trailer is now undersized! Better to be too big than too small.

There is a dump trailer out there, I can't recall which brand, but it not only acts as a dump trailer. It is capable of carring a skid steer or mini excavator! Even has its own set of ramps built in.

If I had to get, or had the opportunity to get another dump trailer, I would definately go larger. Both Longer and more GVW. Even though this trailer would maax out my current vehicles towing ability, if I ever upgraded trucks, my trailer is now undersized! Better to be too big than too small.

You can not replace a dump trailer for a guy that does a decent amount of work. They are really a good deal when you look at them. My father and I work together and we have 3 dump trailers. 2 are 14x7 with 7k pound axles. They have slide in ramps with d rings in the floor for hauling the skid steer. The other is a 12x6.5 with 6k pound axles. It has 40 inch sides. Sometimes I buy firewood. I'll take a trailer and leave it at a guys house he calls when it is full. I take an empty and pick up the full. I just have drive time to pick up 8 ranks (2 2/3) cord of wood. It really saves a lot of time. You will never regret the purchase of a dump trailer.

Scott

Latest posts

Back