What oil ratio were you running when your saw blew up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What oil ratio were you using when your saw blew up

• 16:1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25:1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 32:1

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 40:1

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 50:1

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Over 50:1

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • It never blew up & is still running

Votes: 55 85.9%

• Total voters
JimMorrison

JimMorrison

The wind blows em down and I cut em up
Yes it was, lived for five years after build and was a really good running saw, very strong. On tear down, the P+ C were in excellent shape, except where that little piece of steel wire messed it up. This thread reminded me of what happened and the memory still stings. Yeah, I know, kinda silly, it's just a saw. I have been entertaining thoughts of redoing the saw myself, but I think I will send it back to the builder. Too nice of a saw to mess with.

Deleted member 149229
D

Deleted member 149229

None of these failures could be blamed on the ratio, so the poll is silly.

You know the facts behind my Echo broken piston. Would a 40:1 mix have helped prevent the meltdown or was factory setting too lean. I know that without you doing an autopsy it's just an opinion but I'm interested what you think.

Rockjock

Rockjock

Addicted to ArboristSite
You know the facts behind my Echo broken piston. Would a 40:1 mix have helped prevent the meltdown or was factory setting too lean. I know that without you doing an autopsy it's just an opinion but I'm interested what you think.

No fault of yours. Besides if it was a lean condition it would have burned up long ago. No my friend you got some of the stellar Echo service that many of us have gotten.

Latest posts