What roll of chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What roll of chain

• Oregon

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Woodland Pro

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Windsor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
biggenius29

biggenius29

Addicted to ArboristSite
I posted the same question a few weeks ago and everyone said Stihl chain, but calling dealers around here I got quotes from $425-515. So needless to say that is way out of my price range and I can buy 2 rolls for that same price from Bailey's. I am asking the same question, but the onlt options are what I can get from Baileys.

skid row

skid row

ArboristSite Guru
I posted the same question a few weeks ago and everyone said Stihl chain, but calling dealers around here I got quotes from $425-515. So needless to say that is way out of my price range and I can buy 2 rolls for that same price from Bailey's. I am asking the same question, but the onlt options are what I can get from Baileys.

I would just keep buying your chain by the loop. My .02 worth.

Slamm

Slamm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just a thought, but have a guy from the land of the "Stihl chain is still cheaper", get it and have him mail it to you?? Just an idea. I think we can get it for $300 even around here from the Stihl dealer.

Sam

heimannm
The only one listed I don't like so well is Oregon, but I have the least experience with Oregon chain.

Sorry about that Oregon Engineer, maybe if someone sent me a roll I could make a more complete trial.

I like Carlton best since I have a full range of File-O-Plates for different sizes and types chain and I think it really makes hand filing simple and easy.

Mark

Erick

Erick

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've said this before and I'll say it again. :laugh:

Not to long ago I would have told you that I'd run a Stihl chain backwards before I'd run an Oregon chain but the new "X" series of chains from Oregon are leaps and bounds better than the old stuff.

If I couldn't run Stihl chain I would probably be running Oregon LGX with the Carlton chain a close second. :cheers:

Latest posts