What saw do you look forward to using???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My homelite 750 with a 42 inch bar and semi skip chain. Burrying that thing in a 36 inch log and hanging on for the ride is what I'm talkin about! Can't wait to go cut some more wood today!:greenchainsaw:

my 361 with a 16" bar.

Its light, its handy, and it rips. I love it...

... even more than my modded 353....

The 372xpw is still new, so I itch to go run it every chance I get.

Had an 028 Super back in the early 80's, it was popular, hand it to anyone to give er a spin,,,and they liked it. I liked it a lot, but having a 361 - 16" bar , and think I like it better then the 028 .

As a work-horse second, I never gave it a thought that I would have a faster cutting saw then my 660 , for the power : weight.

Want to go big !

I'm looking forward to buying and running a 660 or an 880. I want something for stumping that I can put a 32 or 36 in. bar on it and whack with authority ! My fav for What I already own is the 260 pro with 16 in bar. For a limbing saw it's hard to beat.

Last edited:
Kevins (cut4fun) modded 357. I saw him run it at the Ohio GTG a little while back and was very impressed. I got to make a couple of cuts with it yesterday. WOW!!! I want one.:greenchainsaw:

In the privacy of my woodpile... My MS200..... no effort... does the job (small)...

If anyone's watching... I like to start the 088 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A 80.00 Refurb Poulan Wildthingy....:) :)

Oh yeah, well there not for everyone!

My biggest fear there is if I owned one, and had it somewhere that I needed to count on it,,,,, the danged thing wouldn't start, or like my neighbors. When he gets it started, the chain falls off! :ices_rofl:

Best part of the thought of owning a wild-thingy, if you were robed and they stoll it. You would get a chuckle of the crooks starting it, go to cut and the chain falls off!

Kevins (cut4fun) modded 357. I saw him run it at the Ohio GTG a little while back and was very impressed. I got to make a couple of cuts with it yesterday. WOW!!! I want one.:greenchainsaw:

Got to agree that little saw was impressive, liked the 7900's as well, but my favorite was the 084. I can't wait to get mine back together now and send it north. Can't say as I've ever been pushed out of a log like that :laugh: wasn't expecting that.

Oh and the dream list......the 090 of course. I will own one just waiting for the right deal to come along.

Out of my current line-up...... I burn more fuel in my MS260 that any other two saws I own, I just love that little thing.
When the wood get's to big for the 260 out comes the MS460, I just skip right over the others although the 044 is earning it's place with the 20" bar.

Are all 260's pro saws?? Some old dude had one for sale the other day that only had about 2 hours of cutting on it, too heavy for him, for $170. Couldn't buy it fast enough, it was out of the paper... :cheers: :cry: :mad:

Are all 260's pro saws?? Some old dude had one for sale the other day that only had about 2 hours of cutting on it, too heavy for him, for $170. Couldn't buy it fast enough, it was out of the paper... :cheers: :cry: :mad:

What was that dude about a hundred and fifty. :laugh: an MS260 weighs about 14lbs fully dressed and ready to go. My gas can weighs more than my 260 when I go out to cut. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes they are all “pro” built saw’s however there is a Pro version of the saw. The only difference is the pro model has a compression release and an adjustable oiler. I don’t think anybody really needs the release on a saw this size but I would highly recommend it for the oiler.

I agree with the 026/260, though the Husky 350 is also right there. The 026 is a little more handy while limbing and feels like it has more torque. The 350 has more power. I look forward to using both of those saws. Then again, the 440 is so sweet bucking up oak, do I have to pick one?

as for the saws that have already been produced..i'd like to run a 7900 and an 090. for the future im looking forward to running a 770 stihl...and might have to buy one some day

favorite

Husky 359 e-tech (not any more) Bought from ebay for 100 bucks.
After new rings ,,new non cat muffler, w/dual pipes I welded ,and carb enrichment. Cant be beat in wood up to 20 inches. Vibration free/animal strong/loud S.O.B. Love it!!
Corey

I love my 044, but I just got a 066 at an estate sale, its been around but has 165 comp. Dirtiest saw i have seen. Have two spruce trees at my cabin that are coming down 120ft, 115ft. So I am going to cut them into firewood rounds. Just dying to run the big saw then sell it.... as I wont need it after that.:(

Last edited:
It's a toss up between my 660 and my Wild Thing:jester: Just kidding, I dont have a wild thing, But I love that 660 in big hard wood.

Poll

Can anyone tell me how to start a poll on this here thread??? I'd like to start one and keep track of all the different kinds and see what tops out the highest... :confused:

Dude

I like my 028 and my 440-alot-I can hardly put one of em down to get the other but as far as look'n foward to goes-Im trying to put together a sp125c and a 101-thats what Im look'n foward to! :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back