What saw is the biggest pain in the ... to work on?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
210-230-250 in the Stihl lineup. PITA handle/body configuration, and the oil pump and impulse line are a b***h to get to.

Awwwwwwwww them saws are a piece of cake. Try working on a 019T sometime, that saw has to be the most hated Stihl ever made, even I hate that saw, Stihl or no Stihl, that saw is a pita to work on, grrrrrrrrrrr.

Last edited:
THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Thall must think the worst job is repairing the oiler on a 372xp!!
Long live Drippy:cheers:
Or have i missed something and its been repaired?:confused:

You haven't missed anything. Mr.Drippy was opened up to see what the problem was. Ya might say cancer was found during the operation and I merely closed it back up,LOLOLOLOL

HUSKYMAN

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
An 029 Super I tried to mess with one time. Stihl definitely wants you to buy a new one rather than fix those things.

Most homeowner saws are designed that way. Pro saws are almost infinitely rebuildable

bcorradi

bcorradi

Arboristsite.com Sponsor
An 029 Super I tried to mess with one time. Stihl definitely wants you to buy a new one rather than fix those things.
The 025 family and the 029 family aren't really that much more time consuming than pro saws after you've taken a few apart. They are definately different in terms of dissassembly than a pro stihl, but not overly complicated once you know the order of dissassembly.

Last edited:
AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
My vote goes to the Echo CS-345/346. The carb sits in this little recess that you can't even get a hand or a tool inside of, it is such a huge PITA to do anything with!

I dont think the Homie Super 2's are bad to work on, theyre small but really simple.

AZLOGGER

AZLOGGER

ArboristSite Guru
Some where between the desert & the trees! AZ
You haven't missed anything. Mr.Drippy was opened up to see what the problem was. Ya might say cancer was found during the operation and I merely closed it back up,LOLOLOLOL

THALL, what did you find wrong, or did I miss something? Do you have any pics. of the problem, please PM them to me. The reason I ask, is I sell a bunch of these saws to the firefighting crews, only they are 372XPW's basically the same saw though. :confused:

Latest posts