What saw would YOU get with $800?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOA

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Got a etra $800 laying around and just want to here what you guys would buy. I am looking for a bigger saw, but that doesnt matter, I just want to hear what you guys would spend $800 on.

Looking at your signature I think you would be happy with a Stihl 460 with a 20 or 25" bar. Shop around a little, you should be able to find it well under 800. I have even gotten some shops to come down in the low 700s this time of year. It is just like the 440 you want with more grunt.

Hey
I wood opt for a Husquvarna 385XP or 390XP, I might even go for one of them big Stihl's...
God Bless
Big Daddy

A 7900, 24" bar, 2 chains, 2 cases of beer, and a tank full of gas. AND.. pocket the rest.

Something like this? :D
attachment.php

What do you want to cut with it MOA? I see you are in KS, if I remeber right you where outside of Manhattan? Thats a hodge podge of trees up there! Lot of large Cottonwoods, and the smaller hardwoods, hedge and I believe Oak, walnut and Hackberry.
A 440 with a 32" in Cottonwood will run great! A 440 with a 32" in a hedge or hackberry, forget it!! As I say, I have seen a stock 460 running a 32" burried in Oak, not something I would want to do all day! Give us a better idea, and we can go from there.

Hey
I wood opt for a Husquvarna 385XP or 390XP, I might even go for one of them big Stihl's...
God Bless
Big Daddy

I second that.I love my 385's.I've had mine for three years which is a long time for me,we tend to wear out saws pretty quick.Mine still start on the second pull even when it's 18 degrees outside,and they both run better now than when I bought them.

Latest posts

Back