What saw would you wish they would start remanufacting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Aussie1 we are in a great ERA. Also agree with Brad on some of the collectible's, but I would love to see Husqvarna bring back the 2101. A 100cc and build it slim like a 660!:rock::msp_thumbup:

A slightly updated 2101xp would be great and I've always said they never should have stopped building the 288xp!!!:rock:

Im with the other guys on the 2100/2101 huskys. And make it light/slim/better antivibe and higher rpm engine. It would sell...no doubt about it. That and the 288xp.

EDIT...see above post...LOL

As much as I would like to see some of the old muscle saws back in production, I agree with Bsnelling. I think I would rather see the old heavy hitters like Mac, Homelite, and Poulan restored back to their former glory and see what they would be producing now. I know saws are still being made in their name, but I am talking the original companies. I would like to see what they could do now.

Well I'd like to have the saws from today with profit margins from the 70's.
I'd love to make 35% profit on a MS362.

Jockey deuce, and stihl440. I couldn't agree more, The 288 was so great they had to bring it back=390xp gotta be close, but haven't run the 390. But obviousily there was a place for it. I never ran a 394 heard they were great. I do know the 2101, and 288 could stand with any of old or new:rock: As far as the Mac, and or Homelite comeback. If an American company could come back my hat would be off. I would buy one. I wouldn't sell of any Stihl's or Huskie's, but it would be great to see. We really got sold out in the trade world along time ago. Im guessing it started in the seventie's. I was only born in 73, but like Merle said. I wish a buck was still silver!:rock:

The last I heard is that they still are made for some markets. :msp_smile:

Sure are.

A couple of years back I've even seen some big Stihl dealers here advertise them that sell into the South Pacific. (just not for sale here)

Funny thing is I've spoken to a couple of blokes that have run an 090 and now run 880's and 3120's and they said give me the newer saws anyday. :laugh:

Husky 55, Stihl 028 and 038, Dolmar 5100....at the price points of years ago. Chainsaw prices and the blasted EPA regulations have exploded.

2101XP with updates like spring anti-vibe, non-limited carb and better air filter (maybe air-inject). Also put it on a diet like plastic tank and recoil housing. Oh and make them all the coveted thin ring version.

2101XP with updates like spring anti-vibe, non-limited carb and better air filter (maybe air-inject). Also put it on a diet like plastic tank and recoil housing. Oh and make them all the coveted thin ring version.

they TRIED the plastic recoil housing on the 298... people BLEW them up...

I'll make an addendum to your post, if you'll allow (Cause i'm thinking on the same lines...:rock: )

EXTERNAL coil (not hidden under the flywheel...)
DECOMPRESSION valve
swing the oil tank to the front...

but, then wouldn't we have the 390xp?? sort-of? :bang:

eager beaver!! :msp_w00t:

Had to do it, huh? your a sarcastic B*$tard.... :laugh:

you mean the mini-mac? the 2.3cu in version, or the 3.7cu in pm610? :check:

they TRIED the plastic recoil housing on the 298... people BLEW them up...

I'll make an addendum to your post, if you'll allow (Cause i'm thinking on the same lines...:rock: )

EXTERNAL coil (not hidden under the flywheel...)
DECOMPRESSION valve
swing the oil tank to the front...

but, then wouldn't we have the 390xp?? sort-of? :bang:

Had to do it, huh? your a sarcastic B*$tard.... :laugh:

you mean the mini-mac? the 2.3cu in version, or the 3.7cu in pm610? :check:

I'm hoping the latter... it's got much more balls than the little 2.3 tiny Mac... :D

Well I guess this isn't going to surprise most here as I've said it many times but I would LOVE to see a 3400/3700/4000 Poulan made with modern lightweight materials.
I think they could be VERY competetive in todays market.

Mike

Well I guess this isn't going to surprise most here as I've said it many times but I would LOVE to see a 3400/3700/4000 Poulan made with modern lightweight materials.
I think they could be VERY competetive in todays market.

Mike

I agree!!! Kinda like Ford, Chevy, and Dodge did with the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger!!!:clap:
Even though they still have the same name, look a lot like the older models, they are miles ahead in the tech aspect.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Last edited:
Back