What the beef

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lets see who I can offend,
foresters suggest to land owners what to do and tell loggers what to do.(usually ignored)
arborists fix trees diagnose diseases and usually spend a lot of time with too much rope in a tree
loggers cut trees down and yard them and haul them to the mill (and then sometimes replant)
"landscape maintenance technicians" mow lawns, trim hedges, and usually run chainsaws into the dirt,
Gypo's are contract loggers that generally work private land and run low budget outfits (a few gypo's are disreputable giving the rest a bad name)

And I might add: Good foresters stop, eat some humble and learn all they can from the loggers!

And whoever said foresters don't like to see trees cut:

There are plenty of foresters that don't mind killin trees... we just don't like to see em die young... well didn't used to anyways...:msp_glare:

Where do the Sport Fallers fit in :msp_biggrin:

My guess would be just below the permit-less, 1000' of cable running, firewooder

No offence taken by me northmanlog'n, your just callin' it the way you see it happen out there in the real world. About the same as game biologists, enviro nut cases, and true sportsmen. (I'm not talkin' about the slob fishermen types who's idea of fishin' includes a case of beer, with the empties left strewn about.) It takes all kinds.
Heck, my Dad and Uncle ran saws back in the days of yore. Big ponderosa pine and doug fir in Colorado with Homie 925's. They did not have a Mac dealer around. They cut in the dead of winter and the forest service made them go back after the snow melt and cut the stumps down.

Latest posts

Back