What the heck is a "Jet Star" ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A customer brought in an interesting item that I couldn't resist taking a look at. It is a Jet Star saw. Kind of looks like a Remington. The ID tag just says J-50-1460. There is a "5hp" decal on top. The saw is orange with white trim. Both oil and gas caps are on the top. any info on who made it and when?

Thanks guys.

spike60 said:
A customer brought in an interesting item that I couldn't resist taking a look at. It is a Jet Star saw. Kind of looks like a Remington. The ID tag just says J-50-1460. There is a "5hp" decal on top. The saw is orange with white trim. Both oil and gas caps are on the top. any info on who made it and when?

Thanks guys.

Never heard of a Jet Star. Sounds like you may have a collector item there before you, a 5hp one, cool. Some of the old Remmingtons were orange, some were red so you may be right on that one Spike....................

I know there is information on the Jet Star, chainsawcollectors.se has some info on this oddball somewhere in the archives. go ahead on over an look about a bit. it is an unusual saw to say the least.

Cool old saw! It's got a Power Products engine in it, probably made in the 60's. The recoil looks exactly like the one on the 1968 Mono model AH48 Dad has.

Last edited:
Jet star info

All I could find in my search. ********************************/viewtopic.php?t=414&highlight=jet+star

Cut4fun said:
All I could find in my search. ********************************/viewtopic.php?t=414&highlight=jet+star

Hey that looks a bit familar. I am glad to see someone is happy with it.

Bill

Back