what the hell is this noise?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds ok to this duffer ,but I have abused my ears over the years .screaming detroits or bike motors I guess are the main culprits

It's the centrifugal weights, loose and rattling on the central clutch hub spider, my 550 sounds like this (mines much worse to be honest!) if you take the brake cover off you will see that the weights are loose on the clutch hub!

It's the centrifugal weights, loose and rattling on the central clutch hub spider, my 550 sounds like this (mines much worse to be honest!) if you take the brake cover off you will see that the weights are loose on the clutch hub!
interesting, thank you, is there a fix to that (change clutch springs?)? Could you be a bit more specific on the problem thank you

interesting, thank you, is there a fix to that (change clutch springs?)? Could you be a bit more specific on the problem thank you
The only thing to do if the weights are worn is to replace the clutch completely, as all of the components will be worn out.
Saw will be still usable for a good while like this, I've had clutch springs break but never had a clutch itself blow apart, the clutch drum is a different matter!!

The only thing to do if the weights are worn is to replace the clutch completely, as all of the components will be worn out.
Saw will be still usable for a good while like this, I've had clutch springs break but never had a clutch itself blow apart, the clutch drum is a different matter!!
Thank you

Back