What to do now for 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIDGERUNNER34

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Posted a couple of days ago about having a problem with getting the chain to run, It acts like the saw brake is on and it starts to smoke, but anyways i went ahead and put the old bar and chain that i did have on before this all happen and after putting tha chain on and tighten everthing down, you can pull the chain across the bar,but after two rounds or so it hangs up and you have jerk it to get it freed up again. what would cause this guys ?

Worn or cracked rim sprocket? Does the chain pitch match the bar and rim?

I recently had a similar problem ended up being the splines on shaft behind the drum where the rim sprocket is driven they were busted it would pull then lock up. Pull the clutch off and check , next guess would be rim drive worn out ?

Posted a couple of days ago about having a problem with getting the chain to run, It acts like the saw brake is on and it starts to smoke, but anyways i went ahead and put the old bar and chain that i did have on before this all happen and after putting tha chain on and tighten everthing down, you can pull the chain across the bar,but after two rounds or so it hangs up and you have jerk it to get it freed up again. what would cause this guys ?

From your other post, it looks like you recieved a WPL 20 chain which should be .325, you need to contact Bailey & get the right chain; it should be a WPL 30 chain which is 3/8.

Latest posts

Back