what to do with junk saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenabcd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just posted an ad for 6 junk saws that I have. I would like to just about give them away, but they are junk and I doubt that anyone wants them. If I do not get any takers, should I just throw them in the dumpster, or is there a better way to dispose of them?

They are Homelites and craftsman. they are 5 miles west of Buffalo Mn.

Ken Bauman

I just posted an ad for 6 junk saws that I have. I would like to just about give them away, but they are junk and I doubt that anyone wants them. If I do not get any takers, should I just throw them in the dumpster, or is there a better way to dispose of them?

Ken Bauman

Post some pictures on here...I am sure someone is looking for parts...

Ken Bauman

Ken,

Ever get over to Saint Paul?

Philbert

Real junkers that get left at the shop I put on ebay and sell as whole parts saws. Dead Stihls and Huskies we get in I parts out and sell on ebay. We don't have time to waste tripping over or the space to deal with having a pile of junk saws laying around. If they don't sell as whole junkers, I'll parts out and sell off the rewinds and coils at least. And take the usable Aluminum and steel to the recycling center and make money off the jugs, flywheels, cranks and other metal parts. Almost nothing gets tossed in the trash

Last edited:
thanks for the reply

I guess the ad that I posted is hung up in the aproval process. I am looking to get $15.25 for all six. I do not want to part or ship, just make them go away. two super XL's and four 3.7 autosharp craftsman. I think one or two could be made to run. about 6 or 8 bars, and 10/15 loops of chain.

I need to move and am hoping that someone drives up and takes them away.

There is a dealer about 5 miles west of Buffalo in Maple Lake called M&M Express. I doubt he would pay you anything for the junk saws, but I am sure he would take them off your hands. At least you would know they will be disposed of properly. And ... he might tell you if one is worth fixing, making your trip worthwhile.

Back