What to do with unused saw mix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, I pour it into a 5 gallon can, then when its full i pour it over the bonfire as it get built up more and more. The fuel soaks into the bonfire and seems to stay there. Then come bonfire night (november 5th) what ever the weather our fire burns like there is no tomorrow.. Thing is with all the fuel in the ground the bloody thing burns for days.

I usually mix it 50/50 with used motor oil and use it to start brush fires. Fortunately, I don't have this problem very often.

Here, I pour it into a 5 gallon can, then when its full i pour it over the bonfire as it get built up more and more. The fuel soaks into the bonfire and seems to stay there. Then come bonfire night (november 5th) what ever the weather our fire burns like there is no tomorrow.. Thing is with all the fuel in the ground the bloody thing burns for days.

You may want to be carefull about how much soaks in the ground(if any), as you could potentially start affecting the ground water. Digging a hole and dumping in old gas/oil/other fluids was the preferred method of disposal for the military for years. That's why a lot of bases are now Hazmat sites.

I dump unused gas from a recent saw's use back into the jug with a funnel I got from Autozone that has a screen filter built in. A funnel with a coffee filter would work as well or better. Any old gas that I don't think is fit for the lawn mower I burn in an old metal pan in the backyard, a pint or so at a time.

After about 3 weeks I either pour it into the gas can I use for the lawnmower or into the used oil jug. If that can sits for more than a couple of weeks I put it into my truck just before a fill up. We use about a cup of that mix to start our campfires.

I drink shots of it till I begin to hallucinate...... LOL, it goes in the mower or my truck. Mower and truck never ran better

That's misleading...neither ran to begin with.

Back