What upgraded bar and chain fits Joncutter G4500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennish

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the G4500 ($119) with free shipping. Seems like good reviews. Does not come with bar and chain, so I want to get better quality bar and chain. What fits? 16" and 18". Stihl, Husky, other.

Pretty sure they all run the small husky (k095) mount.
If you're going to buy one of their saws may as well get their recommend bar & chain combo with it (18", .325, 058) for another 12 bux. If it turns out to be no good (ie doesn't outlast the saw) at least you have the correct pattern bar to look for a replacement.
I'd go with 16"-18" rather than the "recommended" 18"-20" bar

Pretty sure they all run the small husky (k095) mount.
If you're going to buy one of their saws may as well get their recommend bar & chain combo with it (18", .325, 058) for another 12 bux. If it turns out to be no good (ie doesn't outlast the saw) at least you have the correct pattern bar to look for a replacement.
I'd go with 16"-18" rather than the "recommended" 18"-20" bar

Or cut one out of corrugated cardboard and be just as good? :laugh:

I'm thinking of getting the G4500 ($119) with free shipping. Seems like good reviews. Does not come with bar and chain, so I want to get better quality bar and chain. What fits? 16" and 18". Stihl, Husky, other.

If you do, let us know how you like it. I've read some good reviews about them. I've thought about getting one several times but haven't done it yet.

They take the same .325 bar as a 50ish cc husky.
I prefer a 3/8 lp set up on them, it's quite a bit faster at that power level. That's how the chinese 45's came years ago. The 58's are fine with .325.
3/8 rim sprockets and clutches are dirt cheap for those saws and the same 3/8lp bar for the 25cc joncutters or a small husky like a 240 fit right on.

Latest posts

Back